Looking for somebody in the UK to make an internal threaded brass 45mm dia tube

I have a one-off private job that I am looking for somebody in the UK to make. I don't have much of a budget and have no idea where to find somebody to make this sort of thing for me so am looking for suggestions of a UK individual that can make it on this group.

Also, is there a kind of task/contractor contact web site for one-off jobs like this?

Anyway, the following as what I need made :

Tube diametre: 45mm (approx) Material: Brass, Copper SS (anything non-rusting) Thread length: about 1cm max Thread: 1 and 9/16 ths inch (15.625mm), whitworth Internal thread inside tube at one end Tube length: 12cm min, 50cm ideal

Can anyone here help?

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Duh, I meant 1 and 9/16ths (39.6875mm) !

Reply to
Peter

Shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm no screwcutting expert and think a bit more detail on the thread is needed. If no-one else contacts you direct I know a guy who might help. Or I could have a go.

Regards Rob

In message , Peter writes

Reply to
Rob Hammond

Try posting on uk.rec.models.engineering

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Thanks Rob,I am not sure if you spam-trap all mail from usenet but I tried to send an email to you.

Reply to
Peter