Looking for an engineer who can make a pair of rollers for me.

Sorry to crosspost, but I got no reply from the other group.

Helllo, I am looking for a UK based engineer who can make a pair of rollers for a hand swaging machine. The rollers need to put a 12mm I/D semi-circle into flat either 0.6mm or 0.8mm thick Alumnium sheet. The rollers measure approx. 60mm x 50mm and fit onto a round, keyed shaft. I will send whoever wants the job, a pair of rollers that came with the machine, for them to copy the fixing dimensions etc. I guess the rollers will need to be hardened or possible made from Stainless Steel, I will take your advice on that. I will need a price in advance.

Please if you can do, or you know somebody who can, please contact me on the email address below, TIA.

Mark in Spain

snipped-for-privacy@markXscotford.com (remove the X to reply)

Reply to
Anti-Spam

Anti-Spam

Try these guys:

Billcar Engineering

Unit 1A, March Way, Battlefield Enterprise Park, Harlescott, Shrewsbury, SY1 3JE

Tel: 01743 450044

I had some parts made by them with no problems.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Explain please - what does 60mm x 50mm mean? 60mm long? 50 mm dia? if so, how can they make a 12mmm semicircle?

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

# i think he's on about a pair of male and female rollers ..one concave ..one convex

pinched together each side of sheet of aluminium and rolled along to make semi-circular bulge ...like they have in car floor pans as strengtheners.

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Thanks Chris, will send them a letter asking if they can do.

Reply to
Anti-Spam

OK, because I mentioned that it was for a hand swaging machine, I assumed it would be fairly clear (not that I knew what a swaging machine was till I knew what I was trying to achieve). The round rollers measure 50mm in diameter, and are 60 mm in length (not including the 12mm protrusions)

Reply to
Anti-Spam

100% correct. Thanks.
Reply to
Anti-Spam

Hi Mark I sent you a pm when this first dtsrted, but I have had no reply, send me a sketch via emal and I will get you a price. Peter

Reply to
petercolman45