Request for help obtaining 5metres of 50 pair Cat3 cable, Devon UK Charity

Hi, Please could I ask for your assistance in my quest to beg, borrow or buy 5 metres of 50 pair Cat3 cable?

The local office of a well-known national charity is relocating and I was happy to agree to put in the structured cabling in their new office for free. However, I am stuck for this short piece of cable - without which I will either have to pay several hundred pounds for a full reel or several hundred pounds to BT to provide it. The charity (and I) would much rather spend the money on helping people in need.

If you can help, (or know a man that can), please drop me an email. That few hundred pounds may not sound much - but it represents an awful lot of income from home-baked cakes and jumble sales!

Reply to
Eric

Call you local cabling contractors, or call the phone company. footage in that range is thrown away often.

Reply to
Sonco

Man: I saw what must have been over a 500 foot coil of RG59 Discarded in a Renovation [used for Cable TV and Video Applications] and left it for it's size.

Make sure your prepared to handle weight & size if you come across this Luck or The Angel Charities handy work };-) [GL]

=AEoy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

One kind person in the other group to which I posted this request lives only 20 minutes or so away and has agreed to donate it. I had asked the phone company but they haven't replied..

Many thanks

S> Call you local cabling contractors, or call the phone company. footage in

Reply to
Eric

Cool ! That was quick };-{) don't you just love people ? i haven't stopped lovenemeither. thanks for letin us know. Best Wishes, Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.