Devon to Bedford

I'll be taking a leisurely ride in an otherwise empty (small) car from near Exeter to Bedfordshire next Monday. Seems a bit of a waste - has anyone got anything that needs a lift ? I shall almost certainly be calling at the toolshop at Colyton and perhaps the one at Stroud, or Pennyfarthing in Salisbury (but not both). Route is negotiable.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Adrian

Nothing to move for me thanks but you have intrigued me with your mention of a toolshop in Stroud. I visit my father who lives just 8 miles away each week and haven't found it yet, most annoying. Can you give me a clue where it is? I won't be going until the end of next week so won't steel any bargains from you!! - this time.

Thanks, best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

This one :

It's listed on the homeworkshop links page, but I've never got around to visiting so I don't know what it's like.

This is the Colyton one :

I would certainly recommend him (though I have no connection other than that I rarely go there without leaving some money behind ..)

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

If the car is small and you went to the emporium in Salisbury instead of Stroud, you wouldn't want to pick up 40kg of transformer from Bristol for me then?

It'd be worth £30 for the petrol to me if I didn't have to make the trip!

I'm in Rugby, off junction 1 of the M6.

regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Not sure if I parse the query correctly, but Exeter->Bristol->Stroud is perfectly sensible. Could drop off in MK, Bedford, or maybe even Rugby if you can wait a couple of months.

-adrian

Reply to
Adrian Godwin

Adrian

Thanks, I must have been having a "senior" moment as I didn't connect Toolco with the others you mentioned. I have in fact tried to visit a couple of times but have never caught them open. I hadn't phoned before though just stopped on the off chance.

I visit the Colyton one at least once a year and like you rarely get away with the same amount of money that I arrived with! I normally combine it with a visit to Axminster Tools and then on to Lyme Regis to keep the wife happy, makes a good day out. I've been to Pennyfarthings a couple of times but have yet to crack the best place to park. They seem to have a lot of "stuff" to pick through but I find the pricing a bit variable, some very reasonable some, well they must have lots of people looking for it. Both excellent places to visit and in nice parts of the country too with plenty of places nearby to keep the wife busy.

Hope you enjoy your day and find plenty to interest you where ever you end up.

Best regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk