E.E. Question For the Big Guys

Okay: At the risk of Sounding like a Radio Shack=AE wannbe technician

Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Ood Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher 3D9012-32)

It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for?

2) What Alternate Uses can it have ?

I want to hear any & all Hair Raising Most Wildest Design/Ideas & of course What it is Really Designed for.

I won't google but I found a really good words translator the other day.

Roy Q.T.

btw: I do like radio shack }:-)

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Ood Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher

3D9012-32)

It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for?

Chas Perry is the only one who knows.

2) What Alternate Uses can it have ?

Some of the old tubes are rare collectors items, worth a lot of money.

Its worth looking into. Or it can be wired to the xN9 rift access device.

Phil Scott

I want to hear any & all Hair Raising Most Wildest Design/Ideas & of course What it is Really Designed for.

I won't google but I found a really good words translator the other day.

Roy Q.T.

btw: I do like radio shack }:-)

Reply to
Phil Scott

It's just what it says--a co-axial capacitor in a vacuum. It is used as part of the tuning capacitance across the RF "tank", (tuning coil), of a transmitter. Ask any ham operator for other uses.

Reply to
VWWall

From: snipped-for-privacy@sf.sbcglobal.net (Phil=A0Scott) I wrote Okay: At the risk of Sounding like a Radio Shack=AE wannbe technician Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Odd Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to each end to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher 3D9012-32)

It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for?

Chas Perry is the only one who knows.

Probably; but I bet i could design an Open Gate Rift Enhancing Device with you };-) OGRED for short }:-{)

I get Chas is way too busy to toy with my ideas.

2) What Alternate Uses can it have ? Some of the old tubes are rare collectors items, worth a lot of money. Its worth looking into. =A0 Or it can be wired to the xN9 rift access device. Phil Scott

More: This Old Glass Device is Real Cool with 20KV I could probably appear in your office >>>>> =AE}:-)

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

From: snipped-for-privacy@DEADearthlink.net (VWWall) Roy Q.T. wrote: Okay: At the risk of Sounding like a Radio Shack=AE wannbe technician Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Ood Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher 3D9012-32) It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for? 2) What Alternate Uses can it have ? It's just what it says--a co-axial capacitor in a vacuum. It is used as part of the tuning capacitance across the RF "tank", (tuning coil), of a transmitter. Ask any ham operator for other uses.
Reply to
Roy Q.T.

There have got to be more uses for it...

For Starters: where can I find/buy contacts for it ?

I've got Time & interesting Gadgetry on my mind.

Charles Perry P.E. where are you when we need you ?

I hate to answer my own queries.... but google, I'm right behind you.

Roy Q.T.~ E.E.Technician [resident knucklehead?] =AE};-)

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

From google I got Jennings Radio was heightened in the Field by two fine gents i will not mention here (Old school DJ's;-) [already forgot somehow] sold to ITT and drifted into the sunset.

The Rf Fixed VC 12 Caps i saw were in the Pf range no MMf. apparently they go higher & higher Like a drug you need More & More Capacitance until you are so Capt Up you can't see the Earth as we know it, that's when you can Fall into the Rift and & guy like me has to come along and save you ..... with a Like Science High Tech Gadget.

PHIL ! * We've got to build that OGRED, Chas is Missing.

I know Pf stand for picofarad but MMf ? mega milli? Man, Magnificent Farads ? I hate opening books a this hour.

no cheap sources for contacts ? anyone?

just for display., hahn ?

who am i kidding..... I'll make my own & it'll look horrific };-)

I'm not kidding my goddaughters friends ran a-fright never to return once they saw my Oscilloscope.(she told them it was a mind control waver device) Kidds these days.... go figure

=AEoy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Roy watts the matter witf you,Caught you on oie Bandwith we have plentee of those gizmos at our shop round the rings of saturn.Cousin Stratos imports them from Jupiter now.

We may be all out of sockets though so you'll have to come round the shop & look fer yourself I won't go down to earth even if they paid me in Rich Uranium, they know too much already.

sorry to hear bout watt happend to your new friend chas . hope this helps.

You dimensional friend; Magiton E.E. Question For the Big Guys Group: alt.engineering.electrical Date: Tue, Mar 22, 2005, 12:33am From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Roy=A0Q.T.) Okay: At the risk of Sounding like a Radio Shack=AE wannbe technician Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Ood Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher 3D9012-32) It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for? 2) What Alternate Uses can it have ? I want to hear any & all Hair Raising Most Wildest Design/Ideas & of course What it is Really Designed for. I won't google but I found a really good words translator the other day. Roy Q.T. btw: I do like radio shack }:-)
Reply to
Nico Electro

MMF is a very old term for pF. Each M stands for "micro" so MMF means micro-micro-farad or the same thing as picofarad.

Reply to
Michael Moroney

It is a vacuum dielectric capacitor. Commonly used in high voltage, high frequency applications, such as the final stages of RF transmitters, antenna tuning/matching networks, induction heaters, etc. A big $$$ item if you need to buy one new.

Well, you could use it just about anywhere that you would need a 12 pF capacitor. But the size might be an issue inside your cellphone or whatever. :) Perhaps useful for a tesla coil or similar HV circuit? If you had a whole bunch of them, they would be great for a Marx generator. The capacitance is a bit low for storing any serious energy, though.

73, Bob Weiss N2IXK
Reply to
Bob Weiss

the vacuum caps usually have a very high "Q" (not talkiin about the guy in james bond).

when a very sharply tuned resonant circuit is needed they are the way to go.

they are often connected with brass clamps or hose clamps.

as far as i have encountered they are mostly found in applications of 30mHz or less.

sometimes they are variable with a knob or screwdriver adjustment. sometimes these are motorized.

a few examples can bee seen here

TimPerry

Thank you much: Michael=A0Moroney

(Roy Q.T.) writes: The Rf Fixed VC 12 Caps i saw were in the Pf range no MMf. apparently .. I know Pf stand for picofarad but MMf ? mega milli? Man, Magnificent Farads ? I hate opening books a this hour.

You gave a clear & concise explanation:

MMF is a very old term for pF. Each M stands for "micro" so MMF means micro-micro-farad or the same thing as picofarad. ---Mike

~>Roy

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

Thanks guys, so it's really not much to fantasize about hahn ? };-) I saw it's worth about 20 bucks at FR I use to get their flyers years ago, thank you for that Tim. Still looks kind of Hot.

I'll make some contacts as suggested, and put it up on a Labrack just for display };-o

Roy Q.T.

Reply to
Roy Q.T.

From: snipped-for-privacy@sf.sbcglobal.net (Phil Scott) I wrote Okay: At the risk of Sounding like a Radio Shack® wannbe technician Here it is };-) I have an Oversized Vacum Type Tube with an Odd Shaped Cylindrical Center that is wired to each end to 2 Rather Large nipple shaped External Contacts (Minty New) {been saving it in a sock} I believe it's a Capacitor Rated 12 MMF for 20,000 VOLTS. (odd cypher 3D9012-32)

It also reads: Jennings Radio VC 12.

1) What the Heck is it for?

Chas Perry is the only one who knows.

Probably; but I bet i could design an Open Gate Rift Enhancing Device with you };-) OGRED for short }:-{)

I get Chas is way too busy to toy with my ideas.

Yes...Chas is VEWY high end...he did wax eloquently on the remote grounded neutral problem however... that was it though. He screwed up badly on the back emf issues.

You and i could do the OGRED for sure.. passage through the Rift could easily be enhanced. Your tube would be *entirely vital. KEEP it in the sock.. don't let anyone see it.

2) What Alternate Uses can it have ? Some of the old tubes are rare collectors items, worth a lot of money. Its worth looking into. Or it can be wired to the xN9 rift access device.

More: This Old Glass Device is Real Cool with 20KV I could probably appear in your office >>>>> ®}:-)

Indeed. through the Rift anything is possible. Maybe Chas will come on this thread and offer some insight.

Phil Scott

Reply to
Phil Scott

The Rf Fixed VC 12 Caps i saw were in the Pf range no MMf. apparently they go higher & higher Like a drug you need More & More Capacitance until you are so Capt Up you can't see the Earth as we know it, that's when you can Fall into the Rift and & guy like me has to come along and save you ..... with a Like Science High Tech Gadget.

PHIL ! * We've got to build that OGRED, Chas is Missing.

Charles wouldnt know genius if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.

Yes ...we do need to build it... Maybe we can get Chas to fund it. What do you think it will cost?

Maybe we could do up some patent documents and sell ground floor research shares on E bay... say we put up 20 million shares, at a tenth of a cent each... thats 2 million dollars... then at a penny a share there will be plenty of buyers for 10 bucks or so, with 10 million dollars each we could both get pretty well though the rift....this would be an investors opportunity at getting on the bottom floor of the new hyperspace drive company...

you could put up photo's of your vacuum tube to show progress.

Phil Scott

I know Pf stand for picofarad but MMf ?

Micro farad... you have to ask charles about the other M...it was probably spliced in there by some jerk back in the 20's to confuse people....Charles would know.

mega milli? Man, Magnificent Farads ? I hate opening books a this hour.

no cheap sources for contacts ? anyone?

You can contact the Marcabians telepathically, they are in a fleet of mother ships headed to earth right now, Ralph Hilton (of Austria) is heading them off with beams from his mind...you can contact him by posting your requirement to Alt.clearing.technology. He is also an electronics genius. A LOT smarter then Charles. A very serious type though...you will have to approach him accordingly. He developed one of Hubbards E meters (reads resistance though the brain) that links to a computer so that two people across the pond can tweek each others brains by asking pointed questions).

He is our kinda guy...only serious.

just for display., hahn ?

who am i kidding..... I'll make my own & it'll look horrific };-)

You need a good looking one if you are going to sell 2 million dollars worth of shares on Ebay, I would try to find an old refrigerator, one from the 20's with that round black condenser coil on top..., put the tube sticking out the front, and some speakers in the door for communication with the mother ship. with a nice paint job and and some antenna etc. that would work. There are many people in the world who are aware of the mother ships and will want a cut of this action.

Ralph will know dozens of them. thats why I mentioned him. He will also know all about your tube.

Phil Scott

I'm not kidding my goddaughters friends ran a-fright never to return once they saw my Oscilloscope.(she told them it was a mind control waver device) Kidds these days.... go figure

®oy
Reply to
Phil Scott