Re: Radio Shack Armatron Article

A few years ago Radio Shack sold an articulated arm as a toy. There was

> an article in either Radio Electronics or Popular Electronics magazine > on converting it from a single motor to multiple motors. > Does anyone know where I can get a reprint of that article? > -- > Rocky Firth

Yes I built one for my final project at DeVry....I used a Vic20 and an 8 bi t to 16 bit decoder and had to build gear boxes and motors to replace the s ingle planetary gear...I still have whats left of it and I know I have the magazine somewhere lol...It worked but kept popping transistors I tried to switch to relays but the Vic had a pulsed output that wouldn't trip the re lays.

Reply to
mudd-shark

bit to 16 bit decoder and had to build gear boxes and motors to replace the single planetary gear...I still have whats left of it and I know I have th e magazine somewhere lol...It worked but kept popping transistors I tried to switch to relays but the Vic had a pulsed output that wouldn't trip the relays.

Ha...I made a PCB from that article for a university project too (around 19

95) and kept blowing transistors. I ran out of time in the term and never did get it debugged. There must have been a bug in the PCB layout. I thin k I have it around here somewhere too, but no idea where.

Win

Reply to
wheagy

It looks like it was Radio Electronics:

That site:

has a great collection of old magazines. They have Popular Electronics too.

BobH

Reply to
BobH