Re: Radio Shack Armatron Article

On Wednesday, June 13, 2001 at 12:45:46 PM UTC-4, RF wrote:

Yes I built one for my final project at DeVry....I used a Vic20 and an 8 bi t to 16 bit decoder and had to build gear boxes and motors to replace the s ingle planetary gear...I still have whats left of it and I know I have the magazine somewhere lol...It worked but kept popping transistors I tried to switch to relays but the Vic had a pulsed output that wouldn't trip the re lays.

bit to 16 bit decoder and had to build gear boxes and motors to replace the single planetary gear...I still have whats left of it and I know I have th e magazine somewhere lol...It worked but kept popping transistors I tried to switch to relays but the Vic had a pulsed output that wouldn't trip the relays.
Ha...I made a PCB from that article for a university project too (around 19 95) and kept blowing transistors. I ran out of time in the term and never did get it debugged. There must have been a bug in the PCB layout. I thin k I have it around here somewhere too, but no idea where.
Win
On 03/13/2016 02:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

It looks like it was Radio Electronics: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Consumer/Archive-Radio-Electronics-IDX/search.cgi?zoom_sort=0&zoom_xml=0&zoom_query=Armatron&zoom_cat []=-1&zoom_per_page
That site: http://www.americanradiohistory.com has a great collection of old magazines. They have Popular Electronics too.
BobH