BBC Radio 4 9pm Wednesday 19th

There is BBC Radio 4 program about modern developments in full-size steam traction at 9pm Wednesday 19th.

Reply to
Mike H

Cheers Mike, I have set a reminder.

Just need to find where on earth Radio 4 might be on the ol' transistor box!

Ed

Mike H wrote:

Reply to
zedbert

transistor

Ed,

It's the new name for the Home Service

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Or channel 0104 on Sky, for those of us who have no-one to upset by commandeering the TV (yes they have had to go to trunk dialling after all the 3 figure codes got used up by the TV channels).

I wonder why they call it TRUNK dialling, something to do with elephants, or maybe trees ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Try anywhere between 92-95 on FM or 198 on LW. At home in the workshop and in the car 93.5 seems to work well for me. Or you could listen live via the internet

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Mike,

Good program, and wouldn't have know it was on without your prompting - big thanks!

As an amazing conicidence, I was rooting around on the Internet this afternoon trying to figure out valve gear for a steam engine I am planning and discovered lots of mention of the 5AT - I had never heard of it before. I kept thinking it was a BR loco, now I know.

The program sounded like it should have had pictures, maybe it was made for TV.

Might be an idea to let the Beeb know we want more of same !

I guess 14% efficiency is not so bad if you are burning waste vegetation, at least it is carbon neutral. Anyone got any good links on the topic ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

[...]

Missed it (just got back from work). Hopefully it'll be on the "listen again" bit of the interweb site.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

In message , Mark Rand writes

Reply to
Mike H

In case anyone missed it then it can be downloaded as an mp3 from here. (25.7MB)

Martin Evans

Steve,

A truly excellent program. More, please, BBC. If you want to know more about the 5AT, look at

Look also at the website of the brand new Peppercorn A1 LNER Pacific being built at the moment at Darlington -

David.

Reply to
letitia