At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

What's F-N-F?

Elmer's "Fill And Finish"...
Water based wood filler, that when thinned slightly, is used in the model rocketry world to fill balsa fins, body tube spirals, and lots o' other stuff. Fills nicely, and sands easily...
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

Yep. You should be able to find it at Lowes/Wal Mart/Home Despot...
Oh yeah, you've got one too many "D's" in your name...
<vbseg>
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

A D21 in a slightly stretched Mosquito ~ Fire-N-Forget :-)
G.
--
Graham J. Platt
graham (a) bowhunter (d) demon (d) co (d) uk
snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote:

The hobby is s'posed to be fun. Shoot some frickin' enamel and fly the mutha!
Doug

Don't need no enamel. Shoot some 99 cent acrylic from Hobby Lobby.
MMMMM smells like apples.....
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:31:48 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:31:48 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

He could also choose to go nekid.
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:31:48 +0000 (UTC), "Doug Sams"

Did you mean "frackin'", or is "frickin'" an obscure brand name that you use?

Yes, frickin' is an obscure brand name for a type of something else that sounds like frickin' but you can't really say.
Come on,
I only do the special treatment on selected models. Yeah, I can shoot enamel and go fly. Sometimes fly in primer to see if the model is worth painting too! If I really like a mid-sized model, I'll build it with a cheap stainless homemade motor retention clip. If I get three good flights out of it, I chop off the clip and invest in an Aeropack retainer.
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt wrote:

Todd if you do not know and seek knowledge one shall never sound like an idiot. Ask and the knowledge of the group shall be yours! Better you learn here that some dingy street corner. ROTFL! (sorry had to do it)

Fill and Finish, an Elmer's wood filler used in prepping balsa fins and paper BT before priming and painting.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

The product is not called FNF now, it is labelled as Superior Staining Wood Filler, Light or Dark.
--

PP
--------------------------------------
Todd wrote:

Elmer's "Fill-N-Finish" is supposedly still available, but under different names. However, the appropriate product numbers are, reportedly:
E834 E835 E836
--

Greg Heilers
B.S. here's an email I recieved from the makers of Fill N' Finish
Greg Heilers wrote:

Brian is sadly uninformed. I have the product, in my hand, well, lap, as I type this. UPC is #026000008358, the important number being 835. This is a correct number, however, the label has changed. It is now labeled as Superior Staining Wood Filler, Best for Furniture, Light. This is a 1/2 pint or 8 oz. plastic tub. Go to the website above, type in 'elmer' and it is on the 2nd page as Fill n Finish, but that is not the label you will see.
/soapbox
--

PP