At the risk of sounding like an idiot...

Pete,
Here's the four most recent labels/decors for the tubs. They are back again to using Fill N Finish in the brand.
http://home.flash.net/~samily/stuff/fnf1.jpg
On the left is how it appeared just after they dropped the FNF brand the first time. Next is after returning to the FNF brand. Next, more recently having dropped it again - this it probably the one you're referring to. And last (far right) the FNF brand is back and in a new form factor in the rectangular tub.

Yes, but they now preface it with "Fill 'N Finish".
'Course it really means "Fillets 'N Fins" :)
Doug
PP wrote:

I can still purchase it from the local Lowes store. In fact ,I have reciently spotted it in a squeeze tube (labeled Fill n' finish) I'm sure any aforementioned product # will work ,unfortunately one alternative I tried myself was suprisingly much harder to sand. So I just stick with the fill n' finish labeled tubs.
Doug Sams wrote:

spiff wrote:

Yes, exactly! A neighbor kid brought over a rocket on which he had applied some other Elmer's filler, and I literally had to use 80 grit to sand the stuff.

Exactly. We all know this stuff works. Other stuff MAY Work, or it could rob you of a couple valuable hours requiring unpleasant sanding.
Folks who don't have time to hunt down FNF may need to risk a substitute, but those who've had a bad time sanding rock filler will put in the extra time searching for FNF :)
Doug

Cool!
--

PP
#834, #835, #836 are the 1/4pt, 1/2pt, and pint tubs of Light, while #837-839 are the Dark.
Basically, Fill'n Finish is the same basic formula as their other wood fillers, minus calcite and chlorite, and plus a significant amount of ceramic microballoons (or as they call them, microspheres). The other fillers are significantly harder, closer in composition to spackling compound. They can accept nails and screws, whereas Fill'n Finish would not.
I have found Fill'n Finish at Lowe's and Hobby Lobby.
Roy nar12605