Layer on/off macro

I run script files to turn on/off layers in drawings in batches. This is done to alert the users of the drawings that the drawing is currently in a process such as an ECR. I want to do this in SolidWorks, but cannot get the macro recorder to work. I press record and go through the steps of opening the layer manager, turning the layer on that want on, closing and saving, then stoping the macro. When I run this macro in a drawing, nothing happens.

Any help would be great!

Thanks Jake

Reply to
jakemjones

Jake,

I would instead refer to the SolidWorks API Help to find the functions that addresses layers. From your description of the steps you have taken, I'm guessing you've never edited or created a macro. Try opening up existing ones to see how they tick. There's plenty at

(my site) and
Also, I recommend getting the book "Automating SOLIDWORKS 2006 using MACROS".

Matt Lorono

is my amazon store link for the SW 2006 Macro book, but I don't really expect anyone to buy directly from it. However, I invite anyone to look around the store to get some ideas for books to buy.)

Reply to
fcsuper

at

site) and
Also, I recommend getting the

Lorono

(This is my amazon store link for the SW 2006Macrobook, but I don't

Thanks Matt! I will begin down that path!

Jake

Reply to
jakemjones