Any information for 98cc BSA Power Unit

Hi, I'm completley new to stationary engines and as my first project I've bought a 98cc BSA Power Unit. However I've looked on the web and can find no information at all. I thought it might be a Villiers Mk10 badged as a BSA, because Villiers used to supply engines to BSA motorcycles etc. but it's nothing like a Villiers! Have looked at internalfire.com, oldengine.org but they can't help either. Ideally I'd like to get a copy of a manual (I will pay if required). If anyone has any help / infomation / guidence it would be greatly welcomed.

Trust me to buy an engine which has almost not existed! should have bought a Villiers or Lister. Ho hum.

Reply to
Nick Howlett

Could this be a BSA model B? Ploughbooksales have a manual. See

Dave Croft

I have the original BSA manual for this engine (it covers the 98cc, 120cc &

220cc models). it will take quite a bit of scanning but when I have a quiet hour or so I'll get it sorted

Reply to
Max

Did you receive the scans I did for you?

Reply to
Max

Hello, is anybody there?

Reply to
Max

"Max" wrote

Don't want to pre-judge the OP, but sadly I become less and less suprised each time responding to a request for information, or even parts, does not elicit even a 'thank you'.

Reply to
Nick H

It's OK it was returned unsent by my email administrator, why make a request, give a dodgy address and then disappear though?

Never mind, I was intending to scan it for my own records anyway, job done

Reply to
Max

He contacted me originally IIRC and I suggested a post on the newsgroup, I cannot see the point of having a munged email address unless you have a pretty awful ISP who doesn't offer spam filtering. His return email address in his original email was fine.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Hi Max, sorry I've been working overseas for a while, and I messed up my 'NO SPAM' email address on this board. My apologies for not replying to you. (should be: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) I'm still interested in the scanned manual, thanks very much for your response and trouble.

I've a little infomation about the unit now and have the engine stripped to restore it. Trouble now is I don't know what the original colour should be. So far I've found 4 different coloured layers of paint on the poor thing. (Green - current top layer, Bright red, Maroon, and slate grey) I believe the original manufactures colour was maroon, but any advice would be appriciated.

Reply to
Nick Howlett

Original colour was maroon with a grey primer, will attempt to send manual again

Reply to
Max

Many thanks Max, sorry about the previous 'c*ck up' on my part. Regards Nick.

Reply to
Nick Howlett