Re: New Arrival (S-T P4)

Can't seem to reply directly to this thread, keep getting a message about posting HTML even though OE is set to plain text for NGs?

Anyway, if you don't know what is in the tank, the first thing to do is feed it some nice fresh 50:1 petroil mix. Then try screwing the air cap on the carb out a bit to weaken the mixture. It is unlikely that you will get it to

100% two-stroke with no load, but it should be tolerably smooth and a smoke screen and oil slick from the exhaust are by no means an inevitable part of S-T ownership!
Reply to
Nick H

"Peter A Forbes" wrote

Tried again, same message. Odd, no problem with other posts and not something I have come across before.

Reply to
Nick H

Must be something in your browser, the default for OE is HTML, so make sure it isn't sneaking behind your back and posting that instead of plain test.

The original is fine and I can reply OK.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Your clock looks a bit slow, but that shouldn't make any difference, I've had a post dated 2025 recently on a newsgroup!

Spent all day today and yesterday and Thursday putting new doors on the workshop, something we have put off for about 3 years but finally got them sorted out!

Finished painting the second one as it was getting dark.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Thought it was just fuel related, but have had little to do with these engines. I will clean everything out and try some fresh fuel with the correct mix. It must be better than the smoke and oil I have at the moment, would be ashamed to run it on the field like it is at the moment.

Reply to
martin hirst

The OP sent the original message in HTML. Take a look at the Options: Send tab, is the box: "reply to messages in the format they were sent" ticked? If so simply untick it which will stop it overriding your normal settings.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

"Richard H Huelin" wrote

Thanks, I'll check my settings