Power grid information

Are power grid diagrams available for public consumption? I am doing a research project on power outage and I need to know what kind of grid
system exists in Southeast US. If someone can point me to a grid diagram, it would be much appreciated.
In case of a major hurricane, what coastal grids are most likely to be affected? If a coastal grid goes down, what are the surrounding areas that go without power with it?
In North Carolina, during an ice storm, what parts of the grid are critical? How do power companies priortize on repairing individual grid components?
Thanks. Lalit
I suspect that since 9/11 these are going to be hard to find.

Start with www.nerc.com. Terrorists could easily get the information about grid construction by driving, flying, or using maps. But suddenly everything is secret. Suddenly Americans can no longer be trusted to checkout the wrong books at the library - Patriot Act. Amazing that NERC is even provide so much information such as where bottlenecks occur.
Concepts of what can happen to a grid were demonstrated previously in Quebec and earlier in IN - both due to ice storms.
L wrote:

On 15 Oct 2003 19:56:13 -0700, lalitm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (L) wrote:

Lalit,
Yes. Try Google.
Regards,
John Phillips
Try 'googling' the subject. Then appreciate his problem.