power unit for converted plane

Hi,

Have any of you ever converted a 36" wingspan, freeflight airplane to Electric RC? If you have, what power unit did you use, and how did you mount it?

Thanks, Michael Anderson

Reply to
esdralon

No, but I have sctarch built built several in that category.

You don't say whether its rubber, CO2 or glo in its FF format.

If its rubber, likley a GWS IPS system will get it into the air, if glo its more likely to be heavier and need maybe a speed 280/300/400 setup.

The exact spec depends on whether its a warbird, vintage, sailplane etc.

Try

for more information and
for technical specs and pricing on msall motiers, ESC's etc etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I converted a 32 inch Guillows Balsa FF kit once. Used a Wattage 280 geared motor with a 9x6 prop. I made the retaining wall out of 1/16th plywood. and cut a hole to run the wiring. I also added in some very small washers to get the motor to point down and to the right. It was much easier than I expected it to be. The problem I ran into was how to cut the battery compartment in. The conversion was an afterthought as I had already built it and was in final stages of construction when I decided it would make a good RC electric.

Good luck with it.

Regards, Mitch

Reply to
Mitch