Re: Plastic fuel tubing

Hi to all you model builders.

>Does anyone know where I can buy the >thin plastic tubing used as the fuel >pipe for glowplug engines? All the model >shops around here have long closed down. >

Dunno where 'around here' is, but you can get the stuff from

or any number of other online vendors. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Or you could just go down to your local lawn mower repair shop and get fuel line there that you use on weed whackers

Martin Poles

Reply to
martyp

For _glow fuel_ ?

Not. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Never had a weedie with tygon fuel line. All my yard stuff uses rubber-soon-to-be-a-brick or neoprene, neither of which likes methanol/nitromethane. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Ah. I 'mis-explained'.

I've got a spool of Tygon; no stranger to the stuff.

The original respondent suggested that the poster visit any small engine/lawn mower shop to get fuel line, and therein lies the rub.

The majority of small engine shops aren't using tygon, they're still using neoprene or (yuk) rubber, in which case fuel line from one of those shops won't do for glow fuel, which the original query stipulated.

Less muddy ? Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

If you take the advice given and go to a lawn mower shop, make sure you get TYGON tubing. The other option is to get an online order together and make sure you get a good supply so you have it in the future.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Sounds like someone's been blowing their nose on your fuel line....

Reply to
Bill Fulmer