Newbi RC Servo Question

Hi,

I haven't been able to find this info on any of the FAQs that I've read so I appreciate your help here. When I build a plane and install the servos, how do I match the frequency of the servo to that of my handheld RC controller unit?

Do I have to purchase servos that match the frequency of the hand controller?

Can I change the frequency of the servos?

Can I change the frequency of the handheld controller?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply to
EG

No need to double-post your queries.

See the other thread.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Normally, you buy a radio SET, including a transmitter (handheld unit), a receiver (goes in the plane), and servos. The transmitter and receiver are on the same frequency. The servos do not have any frequency in this sense. They will work with any frequency receiver.

No, you have to purchase a RECEIVER that matches the frequency of the transmitter.

No, you don't need to change the frequency of servos.

You can change the frequency of the receiver, though.

Not in the USA, unless it has a removable frequency module. If it just has a crystal, then you need to send it to a service center to have the frequency changed.

No problem.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch