AMA election time... again

Once again, to the dismay of our international friends, it is AMA election time.

In D-8, Sandy Frank, Horrace Cain and Mike Moss are the candidates.

Does anyone know Mike Moss, or anything about him?

JR

Reply to
JR

Please! Let's keep it back channel this time!

I have no desire to see the members of the AMA conduct themselves in a manner befitting a two year old yet again.

Reply to
Fly Higher

And this post comes from Kevie Kline, the premier AMA basher of all time.

Reply to
Herb Winston

Figures. Multiple subject lines, same drivel.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Hi Fred,

I'm glad you stuck your head out. Would you care to explain why Sandy nominated Bill Lee and Doug Powell to run against him?

Careful, don't let the cat get your throat.

JR

Reply to
JR

Why? It is definitely on-topic, and many here should be interested in it.

Just because there are "outsiders" here, the discussion of AMA topics aren't automatically forbidden. I, like many here, don't own a YS engine, but threads about them are topical for rec.models.rc.air. Just like the AMA is.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

No.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Gee Fred, I'm just sooooooooooo offended.

Anyone else care to hazard an opinion on why Dr. Frank nominated his two AVP's to run against him?

JR

Reply to
JR

I'll play...

I wasn't the same reason that McNeil used when he nominated a buddy to run against himself and Stillman. That was to dilute the votes, so it wouldn't be head-to-head McNeil-Stillman race.

Hmm... maybe it is for a similar reason? To insure there isn't a *single* viable contender, and insure a win?

The good Dr. and McNeil *have* been rubbing elbows for a while... :-)

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

As much as we all would like to believe that AMA DVP elections do not affect us, one would be an ostrich hiding its head in the sand if one did not understand that *ALL* DVP's have a finger in the running of OUR national organization, the AMA. The same holds true with our non-AMA American and foreign friends who hope that what the AMA is, does not influence their modeling hobby. For good and/or for bad, AMA politics influences YOU!

I can't say I like this, but I am too old to deny the facts.

If any of you are only seeing the grains of sand in front of your face, lift your head out and get involved. Our hobby will be affected. Although it's not being decided in your backyard, you can help by paying attention to the game.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Archibald

That would all be nice Bill provided the content of the posts was worth something. But all too often the AMA political posts are little more than a name calling contest. Were they to stick to the facts for a change and post only the facts, it would be nice. But show me one political thread that didn't resort to the slanderous name calling some individuals are becoming known for.

I for one do not need the AMA nearly as much as the AMA needs me. But as long as this is the nature of the politics in this organization, the AMA can kiss my ass! If that spells the end of the hobby in this country, so be it. Maybe it's what we deserve. I'll use the AMA in situations where it's required but I'll be damned if I ever join them again. But what really interests me is the fact that I had a totally different attitude about it before I came to this news group. Go figure!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Kevin, Bill posted a very informative post and whether I like it or not, I have to recognize that it is a truth. You come along, berate the name-callers and then blame the AMA for those individual's lack of good taste, and saying AMA can give your backside a kiss. How can you "use AMA" when required yet not be a member? How does one of strong moral character allow a group of lesser persons to so sway one's attitude? Would you not feel better if you went forth where no trail exists and leave a trail -- like set the example? Bill is right. All RC hobbyists are affected by what is happening now, as this VP election contains some new parameters not of the normal vein. The times are a' changin'.

Faswun

Reply to
Faswun

Awww Kevie, please come back. We need you to save the hobby.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

First, Faswun, thank you for the compliment

Second, Kevin, I too was a little bewildered that you find these AMA not "worth something" and you find displeasure that they invariable evolve into slanderous name calling (with which I agree), but then you initiate the "bad vibes" by saying the AMA can kiss your ass. How are your "admirers" supposed to react to that. Certainly Herb isn't going to jump in and say, "My Gosh Kevin, you are right, You are now my new hero". Sometimes I you two love to push each other's buttons, and if you do not, it appears that way to many of us.

Perhaps if EVERYONE uses a bit of restraint we could get through an AMA post with out it degenerating. But EVERYONE needs to think before pushing that send button. I say this not as a bash but as a constructive suggestion.

respectfully,

-Bill.

Reply to
Bill Archibald

Bill,

Actually, I congratulate Kevin, if indeed he had something positive to say concerning the AMA. Unfortunately, as far as I can determine, he's never done so.

FYI, I don't criticize him for his non AMA posts, but yes he does push my buttons when he does bash AMA.

Regards,

Reply to
Herb Winston