Dr. Sandy Frank responds.

The following note was sent to Dr. frank, Tues 10/23, PM:

Dr. Frank:

This request follows one made sometime in late July. I did not receive any answer.

Since I was gone for most of Aug. any email answer may have been rejected as I did block all email for that period, therefore I make this repeat inquiry.

Will your programs at SWRA include any time for Candidates for AMA VP D-VIII to address the members present for debate, answering questions or whatever?

I will be there.

Horrace D. Cain

This is Dr. Frank's response:

Subj: SWAC Policy Date: 9/24/2003 8:18:07 AM Central Standard Time From: snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net To: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

The SWAC is being persented strictly as a General Aeromodeling publicity and promotional, FUN event, for ALL aeromodelers and will not be used as a promotional platform for ANY political candidate for ANY office. That includes you, me, the other candidate on the AMA ballot or anyone else. Political campainging, distribution, or any display of any political literature, signs, or other materials by ANYONE will not be permitted at or during the event on the convention center grounds. It is simply NOT that sort of venue.

Dr. Frank

Reply to
CainHD

Well, Horace, your constant whining on the list has caused two things: 1) You are now in my killfile and 2) Sandy is definitely getting my vote. Good job.

Rein

Reply to
Rein

I certainly do not support Cain, but, I am curious. There are 4 candidates in D8. Why Frank?

JR

campaigning,

Reply to
JR

Probably because his is the only name he's heard of. That would be the case for more me. Bad publicity is still publicity.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Just because Horrace hates him.

Rein

Reply to
Rein

I certainly don't understand that...I'm certain that it cannot be enforced. There is political campaigning almost everywhere...even within a certain distance to the voting venues. If I were a candidate for office and wanted to pass out buttons at that location, it would be perfectly legal. And IMHO, it is the PERFECT "venue" for that type of activity. Your target audience is present in larger numbers than almost any other time.

I am not in that district and have no personal interest other than I find it a shame for this type of action to be allowed.

FredD.

No personal hate e-mail please, if you got something to say - say it to all. I get enough crap from the spammers, don't need any more, thanks.

Reply to
RedFred1

Let me offer you a more effective choice. HC seems to love me as well as SF.!!!

Aeromodeling

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Cain certainly should not get the vote. But Frank needs to go as well. And you have at least one good choice in the remaining two! Consider all alternatives.

campaigning,

Reply to
Fly Higher

Now there is an educated, well informed vote!

NOT!!!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Have to agree with you Fred. Two questions come to mind:

Who has the most to gain if politics is banned from the SWAC?

And who has the most to loose if politics is allowed at the SWAC?

Hint: Same answer for both!

Reply to
Fly Higher

You all have overlooked one thing, SWAC is Sandy's football so it's his rules. Want to change it? Step up put on another conference. Ain't nothing fair in politics, he took the chance so he will probably reap the most benefits.

Reply to
Dersu u

Struck me the same way.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

The choice of a lesser evil is not all that unusual. In the D8 election, the official candidates don't offer much to choose from.

Reply to
JR

Key word, "Official". I'm assuming you don't include JB in that term.

However, Dist VIII has a unique opportunity here. We're they to actually elect, by write in, Jim B.! It would be a statement not just for Dist VIII but one that would be heard throughout the AMA. It could have far flung effects for years. The big question would be, would the leadership be listening and get the message?

Reply to
Fly Higher

So because Paul agrees with me, you now think I hate you? What proof have you of that? I don't think I hate you. I may think you're stupid for your blind loyalty to Sandy but I don't hate you.

On second thought, maybe you should vote for Sandy. Birds of a feather and all that!

Reply to
Fly Higher

You might want to check and make sure your friend is old enough to vote. From the sounds of it, you're not too grown up either. Maybe the Doc can help you overcome this childish tendancy. But then again, you two do seem to deserve each other.

Reply to
Fly Higher

Now you've gone and hurt my feelings. I'll bet Sandy will give me some love after I vote for him.

Rein

Reply to
Rein