Don't miss South Western Aeromodeling Conference

SWAC -- South Western Aeromodeling Conference. Arlington, TX Convention Center, Oct 3-4, '03

Hosted by AMA Vice President, District VIII, Dr. Sandy Frank.

Come and see a great show. Past show's indoor electric flying justifies a day there. Good swap-shops, model displays and vendor wares. Lots of friendly folks.

Dr. Frank has been requested to provide some time for the candidates of this year's AMA District VIII Vice Presidential election to make statements and answer questions. To date, that request has not been addressed.

Still, I am betting the candidates will be there to answer questions.

Lookin' fer to see ya'll.

Horrace Cain One uf dem dar cani-date critters. Gettin' ta be an annual thing! (;-))<

Reply to
CainHD

You guys really gotta rename that thing. Arlington, Texas is not in the Southwest! It is closer to the Atlantic than the Pacific!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

You have to talk to the good ol' Doc about that. It's HIS show.

I wish TEXAS was considered part of the SOUTH rather than South-West, as I am a believer in James Ronald Kennedy's book "The South Was Right". I do prefer that association.

For the REPUBLIC (TX)!

Horrace Cain

Reply to
CainHD

Reply to
RW Guinn

errrrrrr, yeah, chili is supposed to be red :-) isn't it ????

charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Texas is West of the Mississippi and South of the Mason-Dixon Line, so I live in the Southwest.... in Arlington, Texas!!!

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

So is Missouri!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Right. Wasn't St. Louis "Gateway to the West"? Seriously, Texas is a big state. El Paso is definitely part of the Southwest. Some folks there actually eat Green Chili. Houston is much like Louisiana (South) and Dallas much like the rest of the Great Plains. But, try to tell someone from Ft. Worth that he's not Western :-)

Jim - AMA 501383

Paul Mc> So is Missouri!

Reply to
James D Jones

Yea, St Louis WAS the gateway to the west...About 300 years ago!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Paul, they have an Arch there as a symbol to being the gateway to the west. Good enough for me.

Hey, Man, Back in '97 I RVed the Al-Can through Calgary, Edmonton, Whitehorse, Fairbanks, and so forth. My wife was too busy arguing with the road signs to be much help with the map. Of course after Dawson and on to Fairbanks there isn't much need for a map, just one road anyway. A week ago I went to the wake of an ex-brother-in-law, some 10 years my junior. So, my friend, don't argue with the road signs. We all are going to the same end-of-road and it is one damn short trip.

Have a nice whatever of your choice.

Horrace

Reply to
CainHD

nope- Green is best- and you use pork and beef. It is made from chili's, not peppers, and should have large chunks of roasted chili in it, along with some cillantro and tomalitos. No powder of any kind should be used in the making...

Charlie wrote:

Reply to
RW Guinn

Chili is a pepper, and there are several types. Some green chilis will turn red if allowed to ripen. The best Texas chili (IMHO) uses Jalapeno peppers and other spices in a concoction called "Texas Trail Dust".

Green chilis are best used in Green Chili Stew. And, yes it's really good stuff. Some of the best can be had at Tubac Jack's in Tubac, AZ. My wife fixes a white bean green chili which is quite good too.

Real Texas chili is made with venison and no beans.

Jim - AMA 501383 (texasrcflyer)

RW Gu> nope- Green is best- and you use pork and beef. It is made from

Reply to
James D Jones

Reply to
RW Guinn

The game warden and other folks disapprove of us shooting Mexican Black Bears and we ain't got no elk. Lotsa white tail and (in some areas) enough Axis deer to serve well.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

WHAT! Nobody fixes chili using Javelina ( collared peccary to the non Southwesterners ) ???

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Ya didn't ask that!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

'Sides, who want to eat rat?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

It's an awfully big rat I would NOT want chasing me! I've heard a story or two about pissed-off Javelina.

David]

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

LOL Only TWO? When cornered, them are dangerous.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I was in the Phoenix area for only three years, back in the sixties, and I still get homesick for it. A wonderful place.

Come on lottery!

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger