An Open Letter to Sandy Frank

This is being published on many venues to insure it is read.

Sandy, I have not always agreed with you and have frequently thought your directions were wrong, but for the good of the organization I determined to just let you do your thing for another three years until your actions of early summer. I have known about some of your flaws, the penchant to give the impression of a threat of physical violence at EC meetings, the apparent encouragement of others to file or threaten lawsuits against modelers for various reasons, and most of the many various 'screen' pseudo names (UNOWHO, and J.Spence to name a couple) you have hidden behind. But none of those flaws appeared to be strong enough to seriously weaken your position as District VIII AMA VP with the electorate. In fact during your trip to the Valley in February I shared those thoughts with Bill and told him that and that I would rather model than run against you.

Your actions of nominating your friends to run against you smacks of unethical and immoral conduct and is unacceptable behavior from someone who is in a position of authority. I am sure that many in the district share that view as you have never bothered to tell exactly why you felt it necessary to launch a direct attack on very fabric of the fraternal organization we know as the AMA. Your absence from discussions on the subject smacks of an attempt to hide from the responsibility for the actions you have taken.

Someone has suggested that you took that action because you were afraid of Horrace Cain. I find that incredulous because even Horrace admits he cannot beat your in an election. I had thought you had more courage than your actions seem to demonstrate, but I have been wrong before. The impression your actions seem to give is that the AMA is to be run by kings who appoint and anoint their successors and assigns. Now is the time for you to come out in public and tell us why you have taken actions many view as a direct attack on the ability to chose given modelers within the AMA. Now is the time for you to tell why I am wrong.

I remain, the write in candidate for District VIII AMA VP

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

On some venues A.K.A. Six_O'clock_High Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

you, and many others, need a new hobby, and soon. or maybe no hobbies at all would be best.

Reply to
goonair

Our hobby is supposed to be the one thing devoid of politics, stress, litigation, confrontation, and the many other annoyances usually assosiated with one's "work". Why anyone would actually invite such nonsense into their "play" is WAAAAAAAY beyond me. I guess some people just can't get enough pressure.

Reply to
Frank Costa

Welcome to planet Earth. :-) Anything that requires even a modicum of organization will eventually face opposing factions as to how that organization is to be implemented.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Why you using such big words, when "3 people" would have done just as well?

Reply to
John Alt

And you need to learn how to bullshit so the rest of us don't get blasted with it.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Because he has a grasp of the English language?

Reply to
w4jle