Elections update

This is a copy of e-mail I sent out recently. Thought you guys might be interested.

To:Bill Oberdieck

Chairman Nominations Committee

Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to visit with me Thursday morning and confirming that Sandy Frank has nominated Bill Lee and Doug Powell to run as candidates against him in the AMA District VIII election. As I told you I was already aware of the similar action previously taken by Horrace Cain.

Jim Branaum

AMA 1428 snipped-for-privacy@3q45yo89hi.n

Treasurer San Antonio Prop Busters AMA #1227

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I wonder what Sandy Frank is afraid of? He is running as an incumbent. Incumbents hardly ever defeated. Maybe he is applying the McNeill strategy just as insurance.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Thanks, Jim- So, D-VIII wants to follow in the footsteps of D-V. Reminds of when some media personality years ago queried Bob Dylan if he had aspirations of becoming President of the US when he was a kid. Dylan's reply: "When I was a kid, Harry Truman was President. Who would want to be Harry Truman?"

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

And the sickness spreads. Can't imagine why! Problem is, what's our guarnatee that thoses willing to stand up and replace these individuals are in fact any better than those presently in office? Or being unduly influenced by those who are less than honorable?

This may well be a case where the head will have to be cut off in an attempt to save the body. Oh well, I'm going flying!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Reply to
Fly Higher

Why does my memory say you predicted S.Frank would load the ballot with B.Lee's name, Six ?

Wasn't this brought up by you last fall and denied it would happen by Mr Lee??

don't we love those who give up the hobby of modeling and take up the hobby of politics of the hobby

Louie.

Reply to
Louie

No, I suggested that since Sandy was obviously running for president of the AMA , he would appoint Bill DVP when Sandy won the election. Someone else made the ballot reference, and I have provided that for your review.

quote:

-- Originally posted by Bill Lee JR, your ass-ump-tions are showing! :-)

Any imagined conspiracy that sees me as a VP candidate next year is just ABSOLUTELY LUDICROUS! No way at all.

I don't think Sandy Frank will need nor want any such "help" to win another term if he chooses to run.

Regards,

Bill Lee

Six_O'Clock_High

Now the question is Six, have you sent this quote to Mr. Lee (not to mention Doc Frank and others)? With the suggestion he excuse himself from the race or be declared less than honorable? (not that there's a shortage of less than honorable in this business) But then, does the majority of "voting" members even care? (I know I do but, not enough to get excided about it)

Hmmm! Can I change my address to yours Six so I can participate in the D VIII fray? No! Don't answer. It's been made clear to me that only my money is desired. My opinions are not wanted and my vote only if I follow the wailings found here and on certain, select, dedicated AMA groups.

So I'll just sit back, watch the action, chuckle and occasionally throw out an "I told you so." :)

Reply to
Fly Higher