The Elections are here!

Please read this and consider my request. Thanks.

For several years I have been watching, as others, and have concluded we need some changes within the AMA. We need to change the approach used within our own organization so that it serves the hobby rather than the hobby serves it. Currently we seem to have an insurance problem because as a group we have failed to install accident prevention activities as a priority. As AMA members we have seen dues go up significantly due to the increase in insurance costs but not seen any recommendations from the AMA as to moves we could take to prevent future cost increases.

The AMA was founded to foster competition and yet today, as a group, most modelers do not compete. Since the goals of the membership have changed, it is clear we need to adjust the goals and directions of the AMA. Some changes in the goals and possibly the by-laws of the organization are being discussed now and we need effective representation to help the hobby grow with the AMA. District VIII represents enough modelers that we should be part of that process and yet it seems to be behind closed doors to most of us. To my way of thinking and doing business that means we need to have improved two way communications between the membership and the elected leaders rather than strictly leader driven communications. Good ideas are not the property of a few, but grow when there is free and open communication between respected parties. There is evidence that open communications still do not exist in District VIII.

Not to long ago many of us thought Sandy Frank was going to take a breath of fresh air to the AMA for those of us in District VII, but that seems to have turned out to be a vain hope. Horrace Cain was nominated and returned the favor to two of his friends. Sandy Frank was nominated and HE nominated Bill Lee and Doug Powell for the job. There were seven nominations made and the AMA Nominations Committee was forced to put three poor choices on the ballot.

In February I decided that I was having too much fun being a modeler and flying with my friends all over the district to bother running against Sandy. I even discussed that specific decision and the reasoning behind it with Bill Lee and other friends as I have crossed swords (or horns if you prefer) with Sandy frequently. However this latest moral failure demonstrated by someone in a leadership positioin has made it clear that was a mistake. For these reasons I have decided to run a write in campaign for the District VIII AMA VP slot.

I would like your help. Please take this to the flying field this weekend and discuss it with your friends. As Sandy's letter says, most do not vote. Let's change that. Please write my name and AMA number on your ballot and send it to the correct address (NOT MUNCIE!) when it comes in your renewal packet.

Thanks,

Jim Branaum

AMA 1428

For additional information see:

Six_O'Clock_High

Dickhead -> The Central Scrutinizer

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

JR, JR, JR?????

How could you ever present "clarity" when you have such a case of recta-cornea??

You have been informed before to the contrary, yet you continue to manufacture statements that have no factual basis and then present said statements as if they do. Perhaps you should review your bartender's prescriptions.

As you were well informed, one of my nominees was unable to carry through with the last-minute paperwork due to a renewal of an illness. The other nominee completed all the paperwork, mailed it via regular snail mail some 8 days prior to the deadline, but it "....never arrived in time." Therefore JR, one did not accept, and one did but failed to certify such mail and sent it to a place where only certified mail and/or mail with enclosed checks ever get delivered, or such is my experience.

You knew this yet you continue to inflate your ego by continually ignoring truth for your own personal reasons.

I did nominate two other persons, leader members, each well qualified to do the job. Yes, the nominations were to fill the ballot with three candidates, and knowing that there were others, the NC had some choices. Three persons on a ballot also provides the membership with some choices. IMO any ballot with CHOICE is a better one that those ballots with only one name as exists in the other even numbered districts this year. In any district, anyone meeting qualifications could have been nominated. Anyone could have gotten nominated. Anyone that wanted to be nominated and did not obtain such nomination definitely is far too much of a wimp to do battle at the EC level. SF can state his own reasons for his nominations. I really don't give a small rodent's posterior.

Now JR you state, "The two AVPs accepted the nominations, then withdrew during the NC meeting." (OOPS, I misquoted you JR, You're still confusing possession ['s] with plural [s].)

Isn't it strange that NC meetings usually take 2 -- 3 hours and this one took some 10 days using mail to finalize? Well, JR, not to you I suppose. Perception isn't your cup of tea. Back when I was a kid in rural country, the farmers used blinders on their mules. That I understood. I don't understand why you continue to wear yours, JR. Oh, I forget, you still plow the row for the EC.

Horrace Cain

Reply to
CainHD

When one compares Hanson's statement concerning Moss, and then the addendum of the EC meeting of July 12, 2003, same day as the NC meeting, then the evidence is plainly presented that those fine eleven gentlemen, all of the nominating committee and the same individuals filling the Executive Council positions are very unaware of the AMA Bylaws, Article IX, Section 3, second paragraph, first sentence. "To be able to discharge the duties of an elected AMA officer other than the President, a nominee must be a Leader member of the AMA." There is no requirement within the Bylaws for a person to be a Leader when nominated and on the ballot. The above stated mythical requirement has been only a mindset within the AMA administrative functions as well as certain unlearned members of the EC itself, including the chairman of the Nominating Committee. Sadly, the AMA membership seems to prefer an EC with a number of persons that are attempting to operate in depths exceeding their standing capacity. Like you, JR, they spend too much time grabbing for straws when they go sheepherding, like *flocking up*. You directly attempted to instill a wrongful idea into the heads of your readers. "Clarification?" I definitely think NOT!

OH, BTW, the date on the original minutes, is July 12, 2003. The date on the addendum is 07/24/03. What happened in the 12 days between those documents. Do you have another rabbit in the hat, JR? I would bet that the NC has one and that you will believe it.

Horrace D. Cain Candidate for AMA Vice President, AMA District VIII

Reply to
Horrace Cain

Horrace- We all know you can bluster till the cows come home. Your spoilers didn't make the ballot, too bad. The toads nominated by SF didn't make it either, which pretty much leaves it up to you to split the vote among contenders to ensure he gets re-elected. It's pretty obvious you don't have the chances of a snowball in hell of getting elected, so your purpose in running isn't hard to surmise. Question is, why?

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Horrace,

Once again, you have suggested something less than an honorable group in the EC and once again you are.....

Never mind, your not worth responding to as far as I am concerned. Have a nice life.

JR

Reply to
JR

Thanks, Hoss- Given your penchant for subterfuge and chicanery, my real question behind the question was: would you answer a straighforward question? I copy your reply five-by-five.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Certainly, I will, to the best of my knowledge and ability, answer straight forward non-loaded questions presented from a known face. As of this time I still have no need to answer faceless blowing-in-the-wind.

Reply to
CainHD

That blowing wind is your own Horrace! Now be a good boy and shut up before we have no choice but to take up sailboats in order to make good use of your contributions!

blowing-in-the-wind.

Reply to
Fly Higher

Now, now, that's okay Horrace- I shouldn't be disruptive with my loaded questions. You provide a salient service; what better advantage could an incumbent in office have than to be running against Horrace Cain? Oops, another question, but it was only rhetorical - no need to respond. Keep up the good work and D-VIII will be safe for gawd, motherhood and apple pie for another 2 years. BTW, you couldn't find my profile in the AMA membership listing, huh? I understand, it is hard to do when you don't have an AMA number to key on.

Abel AMA# NOYFB

Reply to
Abel Pranger

How about three?