U.M.A. Out of Business

As of 11-30 2004 UMA ceases operation citing economic hardships.

Bubb

Yep, it is now history. Guess DB and his mindless 15,000 groupies can breath a bit easier. Actually UMA was no threat to AMA. Actually the UMA PRIMARY Insurance was another buffer between the AMA /UMA member and AMA's secondary insurance. Too bad that it's gone however it was, IMO, a victim of its own failure to market. As things look, AMA with its constant annual decline in membership, and some

15000 idiots that vote as they do, while a vast majority of sheep mill around and do nothing, will, within the not-too-distant future, follow.

Horrace Cain AMA L 93 Was UMA 7160

Reply to
CainHD

Reply to
jim breeyear

You know Horrace, I have to agree with you. I think there are a great many reasons for the current state of the AMA and hobby in general. Not the least of which is the current powers that be. But it's a deep and convoluted web with no quick or easy solution. I decided some time ago that probably the best way around it is to simply let it fail from its own stupidity and see what, if anything rises out of the ashes.

When I first built my site, some of the guys started talking about having to form an AMA club. So I looked into it. I invited the DVP for my area to come visit and have a look around. Took a couple of calls to convince him I was giving him a chance to convince me why I should go with AMA. So he showed up and started telling me everything I was going to HAVE to do. What rules to have, who could fly and who couldn't, etc. After about a half hour I asked him to leave. He asked why and I responded by telling him no one tells me what to do on or with my property. Then I showed him the check I had made out to the AMA. Seven figures worth. And I tore it up!

Not long after that I came here and I haven't regretted my decision yet. There's been no talk of a club at my site since. Nor any talk of AMA politics either!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I didn't give them much chance of surviving.....and (for a change) I wa

right!

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

----------------------------------------------------------------------- tailskid2's Profile:

this thread:

tailskid2

That makes 2 of us.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I think truth be told, they didn't really try very hard to survive! Probably some fear of the great AMA litigation party!

"Six_O'Clock_High" > right!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Never heard of the U.M.A.

Reply to
jim

Neither did a lot of others... THat's prolly why they're kaput.......

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

I have never heard of UMA, either; maybe that's why it failed. I HAV

heard of Mr. Cain, however. Several years ago, he was asked to leave couple of rc lists for being rather hard to get along with.

I've heard a good deal of AMA bashing -- and seen (fortunately) a ver little on this list. Please, guys, let us stick to model airplanes. There's waaaay tooo much yelling and screaming in the world already. howel

-- gwinh

this thread:

gwinhh

//snip//

Come on Howell. Make up your mind. Do you want to spread gossip or stick to model airplanes?

No need to spread gossip. I, Cain, was kicked off the District VIII email list by the list owner, one Bill Lee. I was kicked off because I refused to bow down and kiss the butts of Sandy Frank, Don Nix (powermaster fuels), Bill Lee and several others that love to spread fables when all the information they misrepresented was available in AMA, IMAA, and a number of web sites. So now you can get back to your yelling and screaming. Oh BTW are you implying that I was some cause of UMA's demise simply because I was a member? Thanks for that confidence however I don't wield that power. SF can gobble for that one.

Horrace

Reply to
CainHD