Hobby Heaven out of business

They are out of business as on Aug 1, 07 (:<

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Hey, It's Me!

And who do we have to thank for this event?

Ray Aust> They are out of business as on Aug 1, 07 (:

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Reply to
Count DeMoney

That would be a real shame considering the long history of the two companies, and their impact on the American model industry. However, Hawk and Lindberg are rising from the dead, so maybe anything is possible:

Revell and Monogram would have a huge number of molds they could sell to a new company.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I recently built one of the Hawk 1/4 Scale Hemi Racing engine kits. It took a lot of extra work to make it into a decent model. Here's hoping they improve their quality as they go.

Reply to
Count DeMoney

Guys/gals, I have been out of things for a while here. Can someone explain why Revell/Monogram being sold would cause Hobby Heaven to go out of business, please?

And Revell/Monogram has been sold? Dang. Wish I could afford to go shopping to stock up, but I am not even working at this time. sigh.

Thanks, Russ

Reply to
russ

I think it's going to be a while before they issue new-tooling kits; meanwhile, how are children of today going to react to these?:

don't know what they'll make of those things; they make "Bratz" look laid back and normal. In fact, they make some of Todd McFarlane's creations look fairly tame. The models seem to demand that you start sniffing the glue, and soon...so that you may understand them, and indeed talk to them. I defy the Chinese to make a decent figure like this. Freddy Flameout is an American thing, and the subtleties of it and its ilk will evade the Chinese mind. There shall be no Rat Finks emanating from Shanghai anytime soon. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

As I understand it, the outfit that bought R-M has a large distribution system of their own. They decided against selling to outfits that do not have a bricks&mortar store. Hobby Heaven had deals with the companies in which he could order stuff at wholesale prices direct from the factories. This enabled him to offer kits cheaper than list. That's all been cancelled now which kills the lower prices.

Hobbico says they're trying to support the local hobby shop against mailorder sales but there isn't much of a hobby shop in this county. I relied on mailorder to get some of those things that will never show up here. To add to the misery the 'people' at RC/Ertl have pretty much dropped the "AMT" kits out of production. There wasn't much new coming from them anyway. Most of their product is the usual kits that have been around for years. Most of us in the hobby for any time have all the car kits that we wanted.

OTOH, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Modelhaus will one day release a '65 Chrysler 300 in resin. It'll still be a fifth of the cost of the old plastic kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller