AMA Presidential Election

From: "Norm Rosenstock"
Cc: ; ; ;
; ;
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 3:05 PM
Subject: Fw: Dave Mathewson for AMA President
Hi John, I don't know if you have heard about this news. Dave Mathewson,
Dist II V.P. is running against Dave Brown for president for next year. The
election is in September.
I know and like Dave Mathewson, and he's one of the good guys. I would like
to see him succeed. I think it's time for a change, and get rid of a regime
that is full of so much hate, and prejudice.
As the attached letter indicates, Dave Mathewson is only know locally, so he
could use all of the help he can get. Talk it up. Pass the word.
Norm R.-1670 - AMA Historian, - Chairman, Model Aviation Hall of Fame,
Reply to
Red Scholefield
You should also include the fact that Mr. Bill Oberdieck, Dist. VII V.P., is also running against Mr. Brown and Mr. Mathewson. Let's keep the playing field level.
The
like
regime
so he
Reply to
Ernie V
Based on a number postings by Mr. Oberdieck on some modeling forums, I don't consider him a viable candidate for AMA VP. 1. He shows the same contempt for the modeling participants on the internet as Dave Brown. 2. He was unwilling to promote a District VII e-mail forum
that was set up for him 2 years ago, claiming the members in D-VII were not interested. Of course he gave it no publicity in his District report in MA. 3. Does not deal well with questions about his position on issues (at least in encounters I have seen). 4. Negative on any form of AMA supported on line forums.
Red S.
Reply to
Red Scholefield
cant say I blame him for that. I wouldn't be either. Those types of forums become overrun by talking heads, and accomplish very little. Sort of like what this NG has slowly become.
Reply to
Frank Costa
Then why don't they set up a moderated form under the auspices of the AMA and see what happens? If it doesn't work, they can always pull the plug. -- Red S. Red's R/C Battery Clinic
us out for "revolting" information.
Reply to
Red Scholefield
The question would be, moderated by whom? And I mean the specific individual.
I see at least two major political camps within the AMA. Whoever was selected as moderator would be accused of biased moderation by the other side. The final result would be the party line would be the only acceptable content and the forum would thus die an agonizing death. Accomplishing little other than to polarize the sides more firmly against each other.
I see little here or in the other forums to suggest anything else.
Reply to
C.O.Jones
don't
He is already a VP.
internet
Bill is at modeling events almost every weekend throughout the year,is always willing to discuss any issues with anyone who calls/writes him, and is always positive thinking and proactive in regards to the AMA, at least in Dist. VII.
that was set up for him 2 years ago,
no
He has been promoting the use of the DistVII web site since before it was set up. He cannot require members to use it.
least
Have you ever tried to call him and ask your questions. Every time that I do, he answers directly to any questions that I have regarding AMA issues.
I can't address that issue as he has never implied to me that he was against any form of communication within the AMA.
Reply to
Ernie V
Reference Oberdieck:
Problem is with his answers he never knows anything about that of which he speaks.
Are you aware that Wes De Coup was also nominated for the Pres. slot and the *nominating committee* picked *Oberdorck* over Wes? YUCK!!
HC
Reply to
CainHD
In news:H60Ic.3087$Qj.167@lakeread01, C.O.Jones pecked:
Many non-profit, narrow focus groups have either websites or moderated forums for members to communicate, bitch, praise and just chat with the officers/management.
The NRA, AARP, MOAA and others seem to manage it with no problem. It appears the average age of AMA officers and board members is well beyond 60. Perhaps it's time for the young bloods to have a coup. Else, the organization will die an agonizing death.
-- Dave Thompson
Reply to
Dave Thompson
I believe Oberieck was selected as a spoiler. His nomination is intended to divide one of the camps to allow the other to win with less than 50% of the vote. But I also think Wes would have been the better choice to divide the anti-Brown crowd. So I have to wonder, could it be that the committee made a mistake? Or is there something afoot in the sacred regions of AMA HQ? :)
Reply to
C.O.Jones
For openers lets try someone appointed by the AMA EC and see where that leads.
RS
Reply to
Red Scholefield
I figured that would be a given. Which is why I would expect a cry of bias to go up from opposing views. Just a hunch based on some of the threads I've observed here and in other forums.
Reply to
C.O.Jones
Actually, in RCU I have posted something like your perception, however of opposite theory. I like to think that finally some VPs just maybe had a smart thought. There were 5 nominees and only 3 get on the ballot. The incumbent gets on the ballot unless 75% of NC object. Therefore do not place 2 popular candidates against the incumbent. Place one popular candidate and then a slug. DM is an active VP and more visable. He is one of those guys that everybody likes. I nominated Wes and think he would be a good choice, yet he as a past VP is not as visable as DM. 'Nuff said about the 3rd choice.
Reply to
CainHD