MUST SEE --- AMA can be saved.

If you have any interest in the future of model aviation within this USA, please spend some time here.

Horrace Cain AMA 539, Leader CD and ex-EC member.

Reply to
CainHD

i'm not one to take interest in too much of this stuff, but I did click on the link, and I did read what was there, and it's worth a visit. The AMA is in dire need of some quality leadership..........

Reply to
PaulBK58

I've done some District 2 work for Dave for a couple of years.

He is a pleasure to work with. He authorized me to set up an open, unmoderated discussion list on behalf of District 2; some folks from other districts have joined the list and used it to give their opinions or to get information on policy issues.

You can see what Dave has written by browsing through the archives of the mailing list:

A few times I've had to ask people to stop flaming or trolling each other, but for the most part, folks have acted in a civil fashion. Dave has never once threatened the existence of the list or tried to control who could express their opinions on it. I'm responsible for the e-mail that I sent to some people asking them to tone things down.

After the mailing list had been up for a year or two, Dave expanded the District 2 web site. It's got all kinds of moderated forums on it:

When the moderated forums opened, I volunteered to close the old open list. Dave thought we should keep it going and has continued to fund it through his AMA budget.

Bottom line: I think Dave will be open to hearing from and talking with the people whom he serves. That's how he has led District 2.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Would be a refreshing change but, will the EC let him get away with it?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

You only have to look at the make up of the present EC (including the appointed VP from D-V) to answer that question. The question should be "Will the members vote for a refreshing change?" In addition to President, D-I, V and IX are up for election. If Mathewson pulls it off this will mean FOUR EC seats could change. A darn good start if the membership takes advantage of the opportunity.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

I had the opportunity to meet a couple of Dave's AVPs while visiting in D-II. In talking with them I got the impression that he really uses them as they should be used - to support him as VP. They go to meets, report on member inputs and keep him informed. Communication goes both ways from Dave to his AVPs and in turn to the membership. Will D-II loses a great VP if he is elected? Not to worry as Dave has selected his AVPs well and trained trained him to be able to fill his role as VP. When you look at the number of name modelers with strong AMA ties that support him you have to be impressed.

-- Red Scholefield AMA 951 Dist. V Leader Member/CD

Reply to
Red Scholefield

On that we agree.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Hey! I thought you ignored people who didn't post their real address? Trying to change your spots?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Sorry, but I must have gotten carried away and I thought I was responding to Fr. Marty's post. So in the words of our esteemed VP . "F O!" and troll away.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

There is a lot of agreement arising up where no agreement existed before. Many of us on the various forums seem to always be at each other's throat. Already D. Mathewson's leadership abilities seem to be bringing us together behind himself in supporting him for the position of AMA President. Somehow to me that seems like a miracle of some kind. I for one am thankful for this light at the end of the tunnel and such light ain't either Newark or NYC. (;-)< Vote for Dave Mathewson for the office of President, AMA>

Reply to
CainHD

Such a friendly fellow! No wonder you're a LM.

Reply to
C.O.Jones