see AMA bylaws vote proposal

see AMA Bylaws vote proposal

see #s 1, 2, & 3.

all leader members should get this and their post paid ballot soon !!!

YOU look it over and see if it allows members to choose who their EC member will be or otherwise for other reasons????????

Reply to
sfrank69

Is this horse not dead yet??

Reply to
David Hopper

No, it won't until he gets his way.

Say, what can we do to make sure he has no power in the AMA?

Reply to
Morgans

Term limits??

Reply to
David Hopper

The vote on the subject hasn't happened. When the vote is over, any lobbying on it will be whipping a dead horse, but not until.

?!?

You have a better chance of kicking him out of this USENET group than doing anything with the AMA. And, why would you? Because of his use of CAPS?

As for term limits, he has served. He's not on the EC anymore so what good would that do?

mk anyway, your just mouthing, same as me. At least he served.

Reply to
MJKolodziej

How many leader members does Mr. Frank think is on this group?

Reply to
WB4GUK

How many leader members does Mr. Frank think is on this group?

You are close with your question, but still slightly off target. FYI as far as *I* know there were around 3300 Leader Members about 5 or 6 years ago. Since I saw those numbers my point of contact with the AMA turned rotten, but he was recently replaced with a good one.

The correct question is how many Leader Members does H. Sanford Frank think he has not made mad with his attempts at controlling the ballot in elections past or his public refusal to discuss AMA subjects with Leader Members in good standing? Those might be the ones stupid enough to not question his orders before following them. Seig Heil Frank!

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

To all that may be concerned:

If the ballot as proposed passes, then Sandy Frank could run again in this year, 2009, for 2010 EC DVP D-VIII.

As a Leader Member since 1964, I voted NO for that proposal. It is bureaucratic and toothless in the stated format. No purpose there that interested voting members cannot do better.

I voted YES for the rights of the DVP appointed Contest Board Members to elect their own Chairman, rather than the AMA Pres. appointing that chairman. IMO, the group of CB members for each CB have a better up-to-date idea of who will better serve the Board and that event/s needs than the Pres. who may never have even heard of the specifics of any said CB.

In my contest years 1960 -- 2000, I submitted a number of proposals so I am familiar with CB workings. Some won, some lost and some got rained out, but that is what the CB is all about. CBs need active participants in their midst.

Funny thing: There was a letter with a card ballot:

The Ballot had the motions presented in proper numerical order; Motion II then Motion VII.

Read the letter and the information, Motion VII was first and then Motion II. Both made at the Jan. 11 EC meeting.

Do you think someone could have thought by reversing the ballot motions on the letter, someone might vote in reverse on the card? NAH, how could even suspicious ol' me ever think of something like that? Shame on me. (;-))<

Horrace Cain AMA L-93 CD-1963 Leader-1964

Reply to
Hossfly

Two points for your grist mill.

  1. Nothing can stop H. Sanford Frank from running for any office he wishes as long as it is within the bylaws.
  2. Last I heard he lives in Muncie and that pretty well precludes a run for D-VIII VP.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High