JC, TRA and the mysteriously changed bylaws

The *major* basis of my 'firefight' with the TRA BoD (in '94) was that they had - effectively 'stolen the organization' from the membership (by the amendment right issue).

Remember, Kelly (and I think it was LaMothe) FORGED a change in the bylaws (i.e. no motion, no vote, no permanent record) - putting the amendment right in the hands of the Board (this AFTER the Jan /94 Board meeting in New Orleans).

OK, 'claims' they'll fix things -- appoint a committee to 'review and rewrite' the bylaws. Was to be presented to the members in Orangeburg (when Kaplow was axed). They PRINTED a copy 'for review' - with the notice that the lawyer was needing to 'look things over' and they would have a vote later.

That vote never came (til this day). Which means - they are STILL operating under the 'doctored' bylaws they illegally changed there in '94 (Feb-April time frame).

Point?

As has happened several times before -- they 'jump and run' when the members get all hot - but, once the emotional fervor dies down, it's right back to the status quo.

Remember, that bylaw change in the spring of '94 was just simply

*rewritten* - not even the semblance of a motion - not even the semblance of a vote (by ANYone - BoD OR members) - NOTHING that even remotely coincides with either 1) their own bylaws or 2) established parliamentary procedure - nothing.

It's as bad as the fraudulent motor certs.

Stacked against change? Well -- this 'membership' corporation is NOT a 'membership' corporation - it is totally controlled by those 9 'doods'. Speculation? I wonder, if the 'heat' got high enough, if we'd see them 'show their hand' and REALLY take the coporation.

With the scum that Rogers and Kelly are known to be - there *has to be something* that is keeping them 'holding the reins' in this org.

Jerry mentioned it -- Alaska allows the members to file for 'involuntary dissolution' - it might be the only way to 'unseat' this 'tick'.

-- john

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

The only reason I was not going to post this is because the only folks responding to these threads are trolls and trolls hate facts.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Iz, what is the purpose of you posting JC's ancient accusations? Too much heat on ARSA now, so you gotta spread the BS a little deeper?

Reply to
RayDunakin

But these accusations have never been addressed by TRA in an honest and forthright manner, so they will not go away.

Are some of TRA's motor certs bogus, because the motors were never actually tested?

Does their insurance really cover EX?

Why were certifications for certain motors summarily dropped, with no better reason given other than "because we can?" Were there valid reasons, or was it done as a vendetta? Or perhaps in collusion with Aerotech in order to give them a virtual monopoly?

Why are members who disagree with TRA leadership expelled like in one of Stalin's purges?

What happened to the money paid for magazines which were never delivered?

If the leaders of TRA intended it to be a private club where they could do as they wish, why go the not-for-profit route? Because NFP requires standards of accountability which they apparently lack.

Say what you want about the decisions made by NAR, their leadership comes off as professional & competent. TRA leadership, in comparison, comes off at best as amateurish, and at worst as grossly incompetent. Possibly incompetent enough to be in violation of the law.

Until TRA can address this "cloud" over their heads in an honest and forthright manner, these questions and accusations will not go away.

Reply to
Tibor

This should be in the WEEKLY FAQ. This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Or something. Now there's the ghost of John Cato making posts directly from Izzy's account. Thru a 9 year old time-warp. Sorry for the top-posting but in this case it seems appropriate.

You WOULD think that the real Izzy would never dare post another WORD about TRA's by-laws until and unless ARSA has some By-Laws. And an elected board. And any sort of official existence. Because what does Izzy care about TRA's By-Laws if he actually takes pride that ARSA has none?

- George Gassaway

-------------------- Subject: JC, TRA and the mysteriously changed bylaws From: Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed snipped-for-privacy@acceptable-gains.net Date: Tue, Dec 2, 2003 1:25 AM Message-id:

[...]

GCGassaway

This sentence alone shows conclusively why you are a man of incredibly low intelligence.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What does ARSA not having by-laws or an elected board have to do with TRA by-laws?

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

Nothing. ARSA is *not* a non-for-profit organization, is not incorporated, and can do whatever the hell they feel like.

Reply to
Ed

And do.

THAT is what annoys Gasaholic and Dunakin.

Freedom is scarey.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What does ARSA not having by-laws or an elected board have to do with TRA by-laws?

Reply to
GCGassaway

George,

I failed to consider organizational structure in the 'brainstorming' threads, as I believed that the conversation would be premature until the objectives of a organization were established through the other threads.

but as there has been a non-trivial amount of dialog regarding this subject, I have instantiated the thread "action: organizational structure" so that this conversation can be focused.

as the subject of the thread is the structure of a hypothetical 'ideal' organization, references to actual organizations are not required, but certainly may be used as examples.

I invite anyone with a wish to contribute positively to the discussion to post in that thread.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Reply to