LDRS 23

From the LDRS23 website FAQs: "Q: What is the cost to be a vendor? A: Reserved prime vendor spots will be $500 (or $1000 retail value in
product donations), while regular vendor spots will be $200 (or $400 retail value in product donations) on a first come first served basis. "
http://www.ldrs23.org/
<< From the LDRS23 website FAQs: "Q: What is the cost to be a vendor? A: Reserved prime vendor spots will be $500 (or $1000 retail value in product donations), while regular vendor spots will be $200 (or $400 retail value in product donations) on a first come first served basis." >>
This information is outdated. The vendor fees will be lower than that.
If you have a problem with stuff like this, take it to TRA or the host club instead of posting it on rmr.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in message

Why not post something like this to rmr?
They reduced the fees due to pressure from this type of exposure. Now if they reduced them to zero, like previous LDRS's that would be best.
It is onsite vendors that set these large launches apart from other launches.

I just love post-mortem historical revisionism by TRA members and especially by Ray Dunakin.
LDRS/ROC/TRA failed or refused to get BLM permits they KNEW they needed. BLM found out (of course) and were LIVID (look it up)!!
LDRS/ROC/TRA were FINED. They transferred the costs to vendors in the form of a SURPRISE fee so they would not have to reduce the cash stockpile being sent to Orem as a result of THEIR OWN ILLEGAL ACTIONS.
Gee I wonder how pissed those vendors are?
I bet they are really looking forward to returning to CA :)
1. The permit was $50 and the fines were hundreds of dollars.
2. You will not see this on information controlled and censored TRA listserv or Tripoli Report or the LDRS article in HPR (if any). Hide all faults!
3. The first LDRS in CA and this shit happens. That and firing a high performance rocket AT a low flying COMMERCIAL aircraft while I was there and WATCHING. Yes their flying low is rare, but so is TRA following even the rules they remove others for: FAA.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Are you saying that a plane was targeted and fired on?
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:59:47 GMT, Dave Grayvis
Jerry's going down. Sooner than he thinks.
Shot Locker wrote:

So what's your trip anyway?
-dave w
Jerry Irvine wrote: << 3. The first LDRS in CA and this shit happens. >>
Are you suggesting that TRA is responsible for the BLM's policies? What orifice did you pull that from??
<<That and firing a high performance rocket AT a low flying COMMERCIAL aircraft while I was there and WATCHING.>>
Jerry, I was there too and you're full of it. Nobody fired any rockets "at" an aircraft.

Huh?!
Look in a mirror dude!

Wow! This post is a keeper!

This is really a doozy, Jerry. From "there is an airplane in the sky, visible to the flightline, while a rocket is launched", to "firing a high performance rocket AT a low flying COMMERCIAL aircraft", is a stretch of even you can be proud of.
This, readers, is why many of us use a ten foot pole when dealing with Jerry Irvine. steve

Jerry
Careful, that rocket might hit that low flying jet at 35,000 ft.
Joel. phx

default wrote:

Your pole is ONLY ten feet long? At minimum, You need fifteen feet to be safe from jerry.

Even at 15 feet, I'd prefer to use someone else's pole! However, I find that a 5 foot killfile is pretty reliable :-)

Nope.
a. A Commercial aircraft b. Lowest flying one seen there in years c. A near waiver rocket on the pad (which was announced as such) d. Flown "toward" the aircraft.
Look. I agree the chances of hitting the plane is zero. That's not the point.
They not only didn't "hold for aircraft" and it was very visible, they flew a type of rocket where a visual check is of above average import.
The second and possibly larger problem is the CULTURE of Tripoli is that the leaders are in charge. If the average flyer felt authorized to call out for aircraft and the RSO felt compelled to stop when such a thing happens, then this type of incident simply could not happen.
At my launches even the lowliest of children yelling aircraft stopped the launch cold. As it should be.
The Kosdon launches I have been to, he stops when there is an aircraft even within 5 miles!
Both those examples are at the same site!
As usual it is a central Kontrol issue at TRA and leaders myopic to rules that do not apply to them. But are applied zero tolerance (or outright fabricated) to their political enemies. That pretty much summarizes TRA for the past 1.5 decades or more.
Jerry
LDRS XX btw

there
Isn't it bad for your knees to backpedal so quickly?
By the way, I was at the launch. I saw the airplane up in the sky. It came into view seeminly quickly because it was so high. At first, it was just a speck, but when it formed a vapor trail it could be seen easier and much to our suprise, it appeared to be over the flightline. It was, however, many miles "out front" downrange as well as 35,000 feet high. It did kinda suprise many of the onlookers.
Sad, Jerry, so sad of a person, to twist and turn as you do.
steve

Nothat was a DIFFERENT one.
The one I refer to was LOW (15k), had very little visible exhaust and was very visible. Again the lowest commercial flight I ever saw at Lucerne. Obviously the pilot got the NOTAM :)
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Well if it _wasn't_ civilian, one would want to be even _more_ careful about showing due "airspace courtesy", don't you think?
(Saw some F18's flying over our shop a week or so ago - man, those things are LOUD! Sounded like a big commercial jet at really low altitude; went out and looked and they were actually way up high...)
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

when I was stationed at Holloman AFB outside Alamagordo, NM I sometimes worked the midnight to 8 shift and had F4-D Phantoms taking off just as I was going to sleep. I acquired a selective hearing.
15 years later when a fire engine came to put out a burning car and tree right outside my window, I didn't even stir. I wouldn't believe it happened until my wife showed me the burnt tree.
but if my then newborn so much as made a sound I would be up in a heartbeat to change him, bring to to my wife in bed to nurse, or just rock him back to sleep.
amazing thing, the way we can selectively filter sounds like that
BTW, that newborn is now 13 years old, and a level II brown belt in Shotokan karate (as is his 12 and 10 year old siblings)
he'll be taller than me by the summer! :)
- iz

Your son can kick my son's ass. My son can discharge more power in 24 hours than your son can in 2 years :)
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Does your son have a Ca. Pyro op 2 license?