LDRS 23

From the LDRS23 website FAQs: "Q: What is the cost to be a vendor? A: Reserved prime vendor spots will be $500 (or $1000 retail value in product donations), while regular vendor spots will be $200 (or $400 retail value in product donations) on a first come first served basis. "

Joe Grasso

This information is outdated. The vendor fees will be lower than that.

If you have a problem with stuff like this, take it to TRA or the host club instead of posting it on rmr.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Damn, I thought I'd actually get to see most of the vendors at LDRS this year.

Guess not.

JD

Reply to
JDcluster

Why not post something like this to rmr?

They reduced the fees due to pressure from this type of exposure. Now if they reduced them to zero, like previous LDRS's that would be best.

It is onsite vendors that set these large launches apart from other launches.

Reply to
Consumer Watch

I just love post-mortem historical revisionism by TRA members and especially by Ray Dunakin.

LDRS/ROC/TRA failed or refused to get BLM permits they KNEW they needed. BLM found out (of course) and were LIVID (look it up)!!

LDRS/ROC/TRA were FINED. They transferred the costs to vendors in the form of a SURPRISE fee so they would not have to reduce the cash stockpile being sent to Orem as a result of THEIR OWN ILLEGAL ACTIONS.

Gee I wonder how pissed those vendors are?

I bet they are really looking forward to returning to CA :)

  1. The permit was and the fines were hundreds of dollars.
  2. You will not see this on information controlled and censored TRA listserv or Tripoli Report or the LDRS article in HPR (if any). Hide all faults!
  3. The first LDRS in CA and this shit happens. That and firing a high performance rocket AT a low flying COMMERCIAL aircraft while I was there and WATCHING. Yes their flying low is rare, but so is TRA following even the rules they remove others for: FAA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Are you saying that a plane was targeted and fired on?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Jerry's going down. Sooner than he thinks.

Reply to
Shot Locker

Granted Ray, this might have been better directed, but where do you get off implying that anything to do with TRA should not be discussed in a rocketry newsgroup?

-Boomer

Reply to
Boomer

So what's your trip anyway?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Are you suggesting that TRA is responsible for the BLM's policies? What orifice did you pull that from??

Jerry, I was there too and you're full of it. Nobody fired any rockets "at" an aircraft.

Reply to
RayDunakin

The point is that anyone with a shred of decency or intelligence would take this kind of stuff to TRA first before posting it here. The only reason I can see for someone posting it here first is to try to stir up trouble.

It's like going online to claim you got ripped off by a vendor, without ever trying to work things out with the vendor first.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not if they have ANY historical perspective AT ALL.

Because you are myopic.

When should we START working things out with HPR magazine?

They have been failing to deliver as agreed since 1990.

Oh, Ray, this is 2004.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Huh?!

Look in a mirror dude!

Wow! This post is a keeper!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

This is really a doozy, Jerry. From "there is an airplane in the sky, visible to the flightline, while a rocket is launched", to "firing a high performance rocket AT a low flying COMMERCIAL aircraft", is a stretch of even you can be proud of.

This, readers, is why many of us use a ten foot pole when dealing with Jerry Irvine. steve

Reply to
default

Careful, that rocket might hit that low flying jet at 35,000 ft.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Lab1

Your pole is ONLY ten feet long? At minimum, You need fifteen feet to be safe from jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Nope.

a. A Commercial aircraft b. Lowest flying one seen there in years c. A near waiver rocket on the pad (which was announced as such) d. Flown "toward" the aircraft.

Look. I agree the chances of hitting the plane is zero. That's not the point.

They not only didn't "hold for aircraft" and it was very visible, they flew a type of rocket where a visual check is of above average import.

The second and possibly larger problem is the CULTURE of Tripoli is that the leaders are in charge. If the average flyer felt authorized to call out for aircraft and the RSO felt compelled to stop when such a thing happens, then this type of incident simply could not happen.

At my launches even the lowliest of children yelling aircraft stopped the launch cold. As it should be.

The Kosdon launches I have been to, he stops when there is an aircraft even within 5 miles!

Both those examples are at the same site!

As usual it is a central Kontrol issue at TRA and leaders myopic to rules that do not apply to them. But are applied zero tolerance (or outright fabricated) to their political enemies. That pretty much summarizes TRA for the past 1.5 decades or more.

Jerry

LDRS XX btw

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Isn't it bad for your knees to backpedal so quickly?

By the way, I was at the launch. I saw the airplane up in the sky. It came into view seeminly quickly because it was so high. At first, it was just a speck, but when it formed a vapor trail it could be seen easier and much to our suprise, it appeared to be over the flightline. It was, however, many miles "out front" downrange as well as 35,000 feet high. It did kinda suprise many of the onlookers.

Sad, Jerry, so sad of a person, to twist and turn as you do.

steve

Reply to
default

Dave Grayvis wrote in news:FJPTb.18260$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com:

Even at 15 feet, I'd prefer to use someone else's pole! However, I find that a 5 foot killfile is pretty reliable :-)

Reply to
David W.

Nothat was a DIFFERENT one.

The one I refer to was LOW (15k), had very little visible exhaust and was very visible. Again the lowest commercial flight I ever saw at Lucerne. Obviously the pilot got the NOTAM :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine