LDRS 23

Well if it _wasn't_ civilian, one would want to be even _more_ careful about showing due "airspace courtesy", don't you think?

(Saw some F18's flying over our shop a week or so ago - man, those things are LOUD! Sounded like a big commercial jet at really low altitude; went out and looked and they were actually way up high...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

when I was stationed at Holloman AFB outside Alamagordo, NM I sometimes worked the midnight to 8 shift and had F4-D Phantoms taking off just as I was going to sleep. I acquired a selective hearing.

15 years later when a fire engine came to put out a burning car and tree right outside my window, I didn't even stir. I wouldn't believe it happened until my wife showed me the burnt tree.

but if my then newborn so much as made a sound I would be up in a heartbeat to change him, bring to to my wife in bed to nurse, or just rock him back to sleep.

amazing thing, the way we can selectively filter sounds like that

BTW, that newborn is now 13 years old, and a level II brown belt in Shotokan karate (as is his 12 and 10 year old siblings)

he'll be taller than me by the summer! :)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Yep, I was there too and that's what I saw. I believe there was also one incident where a slow, low flying small plane (NOT a commercial craft) kind of snuck up on them too. But in both this cases, no rockets went anywhere near the plans and it's a complete lie to say that rockets were launched "at" the planes.

Jerry is so full of it, it amazes me that anyone ever believes anything he says.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Who said it wasn't civilian? Jerry said it was commercial flight. Most small planes are non-commercial flights.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Note Bene:

it is very important to Tripoli that all expatriots and malcontents be discredited so that no one lends credence to their factual accounts of impropriety perpetrated by the organization

I was cautioned about this going in, and have witnessed the consistent escalation of their personal attacks on me ever since. No surprise.

what would it mean if the "expatriots and malcontents" are correct in their assessment, and Tripoli was in fact hoodwinking the entire membership?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

It looked like a 737 to me.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Your son can kick my son's ass. My son can discharge more power in 24 hours than your son can in 2 years :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Precisely.

At least I didn't call the FAA to report it and run around collecting videos :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Does your son have a Ca. Pyro op 2 license?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yeah right. You consistently ignore the many times that Jerry has been caught in a lie right here on this forum, then claim that he's really "highly credible" and that those who point out his lies are just "trying to discredit him". Jerry discredits himself by his inability to stick to the truth.

You sure have a low regard for TRA members, don't you? You think they're nothing but mindless, gullible sheep who can't think for themselves. Real nice.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Nope.

But you are perpetuating exactly what he claims.

YOU said it, NOT him!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Duane did an excellent job of summarizing, following his own indepedent and objective analysis of the acrimony hurled at JI:

on Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:57:13 GMT "Duane Phillips" wrote in thread "Re: [TRA motor certs] USR" [

]

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

my observation is that, for the most part, members want to fly rockets and not waste their time and energy on "politics". Whatever willingness they may have to engage any [internal TRA] political issue drops off markedly the further in the past we go.

this stance would be harmless if the leadership was faithful in their discharge of their fiduciary duties on their behalf

however, my observation is that there have been serious issues in the past and the legacy of those events, and in some cases the individuals involved, are still with us today. But they are very charismatic individuals and are seen by many as being above reproach.

the reality is quite different, I'm afraid

to give you a sense of just how serious the matters are, observe this:

Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act at

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

This should be in the FAQ.

It *IS* a frequently asked question.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Now Ray will _never_ believe you're not trying to get rid of TRA! :)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

"Independent and objective" meaning he tows your party line. Oh, and I notice that Duane also fails to account for Jerry's numerous proven lies.

BTW, this particular quote from Duane is interesting:

On the one hand he thinks Jerry's "just tell 'em it's exempt" technique is the answer to all our problems. But in the very next breath he admits that the ATF is ignoring our belief that our motors are exempt. Rather contradictory, don't you think?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Regardless of what you think the members' motivations might be, the fact remains that you are trying to cram your agenda down their throats and against their wishes.

But you're going to attempt it anyway. You've been hinting at that for some time now. Which is why I say you're trying to screw TRA. You're far more interested in the destruction of TRA than you in "rocketry advocacy" or any other such noble sounding crap.

I will be posting your comments to the TRA list so that the members can see for themselves your real agenda.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Then at least post his last three messages WITH cites. Be fair.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

as I have previously stated here and elsewhere, I have no desire to see any rocketry organization, especially one as rich in talent and history as Tripoli, come to any harm. That extends to its memebers, and leaders past and present.

as a Tripoli member I am striving to determine the root causes for what is IMO a dysfunction which impedes TRA's ability to function effectively as a rocketry advocacy in conformance with our charter (AOIC).

the past events I alluded to are indeed sufficiently serious that they put the organization in that degree of jeopardy. That is not my doing; it preceded my membership and those of many others.

but to have the innocent members and the rocketry community suffer the loss would be tragic (to put it mildly), and that is an outcome which I not only do not desire or intend, but which I would fight to prevent

but doing so IMO requires the organizations reform, in good faith. Such would demonstrate the memberships commitment to concientious operating practices going forward. This is necessary to safeguard the organization against individuals who may not share my degree of tolerance, and who may very well prosecute a case to its (IMO) tragic conclusion.

what such reform entails will be a matter for the membership to decide once the facts are plain

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

So you are saying if I file the case there will be a quick effort to reform to prevent me from prevailing in AK court? It would be worth it. I am already blackballed. And I would love to visit Alaska.

I have nothing to lose.

And since my membership was never refunded in full AS PROMISED I have standing.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine