LDRS Host Hotel Information

All The Host Hotel for LDRS 2004 has been chosen. It is The RIT Inn & Conference Center ( the former Marriot Thruway) located at 5257 W. Henrietta Road (US RT.

15), Rochester NY. We have reserved 200 rooms from Monday, June 29th through Wednesday, July 7th. You can book any combination of these dates. The rooms are $80 plus tax, per night ($30 off the regular rate). The LDRS Banquet will also be held there. The hotel can be seen from Interstate 90 and is right off Exit 46. It's also about 20 minutes from the field. Within a mile of the hotel are over 30 restaurants, 2 shopping malls and 18 movie screens (just in case someone wants to do something other than rockets?:-). My suggestion would be to book early! There is a lot going on in the area, for the 4th. of July Weekend and the 3000+ rooms that are available, go quickly! Once the 200 rooms are booked, we'll TRY to get more. The possibility of doing so goes down dramatically, the closer we get to July, however. It's also possible to to get the remaining 100 rooms at the RIT Inn, IF, the first 200 go quickly:-). So...... If you plan on coming to LDRS 2004 AND you want to stay fairly close to the field......BOOK EARLY:-)! The phone number for the RIT Inn is 585-359-1800. You must mention either Buffalo Rocket Society, Inc. or LDRS 2004 to get the special rates. More info will be available on the LDRS website, which should be up in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing ALL of you, there!

Lloyd Wood LDRS Launch Director/RSO BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

So any reservations made at the prior announced hotel was a waste of time?

Repost prior hotel so I and others can cancel the reservation.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry As there WAS no prior announced hotel, I'm not sure what you are talking about. The RIT Inn was/is the first and only choice I have been working on. The terms have been agreed upon and the post was made. There IS a small hotel close to the field, in Geneseo, that most people use for our regular launches. This was NEVER an option for the host hotel as it is far too smalI. I haven't negotiated with them and there are no special rates. Also, no banquet facilities. Besides, I'm told that most of their rooms are already booked. Could this be the one you are talking about? If so, where did you get their information from?

Lloyd Wood LDRS Launch Director/RSO BRS Secretary Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Subject: Re: LDRS 2004

Mark There's a big strip about 3 miles west of the field (in Leichester, NY)! Been a while since I've been there but we can hear the Funny Cars winding up from the launch field. Maybe you can kill two birds with one stone:-). And forget the RV. The Days Inn celebrations should be more than memorable. You wouldn't want to miss any of those:-). Talk to you soon.

Lloyd

Just a guess.......but I ain't changin' my rez now for nuttin' :-) Video in the Days Inn lounge when I'm there.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

No "host" hotel was previously announced. Only prior reference was to the Day's Inn lounge where we're likely to spend several evenings hanging out at.

Doug BRS Inc - VP

Reply to
Rocketweb