Anything plannrd yet??

....Bill

Reply to
Bill Rossi

So far the Bowling ball lite

Joel

Reply to
Joel Rogers

Bill Contests!!!! This ain't no stikin NAR Launch! Smokin some of those rockets of yours or.........have you gone over to the "Dark Side":-)? Seriously though.....Bowling Ball Lofting has been mentioned. I doubt we (the LDRS Committee) will have much time to organize anything other than the launch (although Doug IS going to try to get some form of Rocket Mail going) but we ARE open to suggestions and volunteers to organize something cool. What do you have in mind?

Lloyd Wood BRS Secretary LDRS LD/RSO Level lll

Reply to
Actionxprs

Lloyd, How about a 'From the Ground Up' Contest like on the Rocketry Challenge video. You could get a lot of groups willing to participate in it, and hopefully you'll have enough vendors to donate too. I'm not sure if each group paid a nominal fee to enter, but that could be used to help defray the cost of the vendor donations. We both know that sometimes the Vendors like to get at least their cost on some donations. Also, what "Dark Side", according to the video, there were several contest at LDRS 22.

Mike Dutch

Reply to
mdrocket

How about a contest where flyers bring their nicest rockets and a small panel of judges ( not me) decides who has the nicest finished rocket

Some thoughts:

  1. Must be a paid flyer for the event
  2. Must be a HPR rocket (not a model rocket)
  3. Must fly at the event

I will offer up a Fiberglass Rocket Kit worth Aprox $300 to the winner.

Just an idea, I always think that contests bring out the best in the hobbyist and they tend to get more involved.

I would also be interested in donating to any other contests, like " from the ground up" or whatever ideas others come up with.

Thanks Curtis Turner Performance Rocketry

814-536-8491 snipped-for-privacy@performancerocketry.com

Curtis Turner

I always thought a contest for the best high power Estes or Centuri upscale would be cool. But I have no idea how much interest such a thing would generate.

-Rich

Acti>

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Alot based on similar unofficial contests at LDRS-1,2,3,4.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nicest finish, eh?

Hmmmm.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

The Chad Ring Memorial Tank Pegging Contest!

Bob Kaplow

One way to do this is to make the folks doing the rocket check-in the judges. They are already required to closely examine every rocket flown, so they are in a perfect position to judge this with minimal overhead.

Or make it a "peoples choice" where the rockets are displayed one evening, and those present get to vote on the best one.

Bob Kaplow

well is there is, or is their ain't gunna be a fearsome rain of balling-ball laden large and dangerous rocket ships?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Another idea would be to set up a rack of ten bowling pins and see who lands closet to them or even gets a strike. Just a thought.

Dutch

Reply to
mdrocket

My favorite post "loft" event is "toss".

You could eliminate the loft portion and run a bowling ball TOSS competition with a true bullseye.

Duplicate grand prizes.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Hmm.. let's change it a little. How about something with tank tops & water rockets.

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

"Missile Strike".

Not a good idea.......

Unless you want to spotlight the D in LDRS.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Yes, Adult Make and take, I love it !

Yes, the teams would need to pay for the costs of the rocket and mid size "K" motor. That way the vendors prizes go the events place winers and the teams get to keep their make and take.

Reply to
ArtU

yep , rockin and poppin

ArtU

Phil Now THAT'S a contest I could get in to:-)! Maybe we can get Curtis to make up some special cones! Lloyd

Reply to
Actionxprs

  1. Must be a rocket not previously entered in competition.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford