Any contest for LDRS?

LOL, I was thinking the same thing ;)

-Rich

default wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Any bee problems in Geneseo that time of year? Maybe diet dew or diet pepsi......

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Hey, don't forget scale DOWNs. One of our club members regularly flies his mini-Broadsword :-)

Bob Kaplow

IIRC Ray shoots film. Analog for Chris Taylor.

But someone must hae a hi res digi camera at any big launch.

Bob Kaplow

Clarification: are they the builders or the payloads?

Bob Kaplow

Was that absurd, or what, using extes altiscopes for tracking.

Bob Kaplow

Yes, but then they become excited, noisy bees with attention problems.

Reply to
BB

At a LUNAR launch a while back, someone had a (BT-55 sized/18mm mount, IIRC) "Really Really Small Endeavour" scaled down from the PML kit.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Offer them the ride of their lives.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Ssh! Don't scare them away! Use the term "passengers"...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

ahem! you must have this confused with Croak

Coke was actually on a par with Pepsi before they ruined it. The new Croak was so bad, they had to issue Coke Classic to keep their market share. As it was, Croak Classic in no way resembles the original Coke before they ruined it. There oughta be a law, ... really.

when I ask for a Pepsi and they say, "we only have Coke", I say, "well, that's not a Pepsi, is it?"

Cherry Coke is barely tolerable

there so bad, I'll go out of my way to find a movie theater that sells Pepsi instead of Croak

Hey, I'm from the Pepsi Generation, comin' atcha!

Mountain Dew is Yaaaaahooooo! :)

but your right, Croak is a better choice for a payload. If there's a lawndart even the bee's won't touch it ;)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I just have a 1.2 Megapixel 'convergence' camera. It records video to mini-DV, and 1152 x 864 pixel stills to Memory Stick

Sony DCR-PC100 specifications at

at
not professional quality, but my vacation videos of DisneyWorld rock!

and it's great to playback my kids launches in slow motion ... forward and back ... ;)

I'll have it with me

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

It actually got better.

I do agree with you about the first batches of Coke Classic - I remember trying it with a friend and we looked at each other and said "this isn't quite the same, is it?" It seems to eventually have come back on track though.

I think they tried to cheap out on real sugar and use more "high fructose corn syrup" than they could get away with, at first, before they realized that the taste was too different. They've always been using more corn in Cherry Coke - my best description of what I didn't like about "Classic" as they first produced it was that it tasted "more like Cherry Coke without the cherry than like real Coke".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Bob, The discussion is about a contest for LDRS, not NAR weinies national!

steve

NAR 71920

Reply to
default

Got digital video at 1.7 mp or Still photo at 6.2 mp......what was start of this? A pic of Jerry in spandex? You may want to go with

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

The gallon of liquid could be any number of things, water would be the cheapest and cleanest. Milk would simply present a more "wholesome" image. The fragility of the typical blow molded PE container would be a challenge, 2L PET? soda bottles are pretty tough. A gallon size was suggested to weigh about 8lbs, like the bowling ball, 2L of your (least)favorite carbonated beverage is only going to weigh about 4.5 lbs.

Reply to
Eric Pederson

I have an EZI 6.5 based on BT-60 tubing.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

John Belushi might be alive today if only he'd said (with proper accent) "No Coke, Pepsi!"

Bob Kaplow

So? You mean you can't fly a mini-Broadsword on a PRO-38?

Bob Kaplow