LDRS Contest Results

Did anyone remember the results of the Contests at LDRS. I am specifically interested in the Bowling ball loft on K motors.

Thanks

James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

Geoff Elder won again, imagine that :)

His new rocket to handle the heavier load came in at 1.5 lbs. Not sure what altitude he attained, but I spoke with him personally confirming his win. He also did his level 3 carbon bowling ball loft, but things didn't fare to well and the nosecone holding the bowling ball got hammered in a bit. He's a great person to meet...ever willing to talk shop on his creations and a riot to listen to when he's LCO :)

-Boomer

Reply to
Boomer

Geoff Elder won with a 6K plus altitude

Paul

Reply to
buffalo

Any results in any of the other Discovery Channel contests?

James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

I wonder if Bowling Bal Loft competition *IS* the problem with congress?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What about results for the other contests that were held at LDRS?

J.A. Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

We, HillBilly Rocketry,

Won the low altitude K with a spool rocket, took 2nd in High velocity and 5th in the Ground up build and Bowling ball contests. We got 5th in Bowling ball by 7 ft. Check
for results of the bowling ball contest, he ran the contest.

Bob Heninger Glendale, AZ

Reply to
Bob Heninger

I meant to say Mark Clark ran the contest

Reply to
Bob Heninger

Gotta admit, that HillyBilly crowd is a lot of fun to be around! And they did a great job of making sure the kids were intimately involved in the building during From the Ground Up.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

You betcha! 8-}