Re: NAR Board of Trustees

I've had the pleasure of meeting Bunny and Trip, and came away firmly

> convinced that they are fully commited to promoting both model and HP > rocketry.

Yes but in a narrow tunnelvision way they are already set on with no significant changes from outside input.

> John Lyngdal will indeed bring a fresh perspective to the board, and > should be commended for his willingness to serve. Let's just hope he > gets the time and bandwidth to continue flying while on the board.

Nothing stopping you from supporting him financially with donations. It is legal.

High power is a great deal of fun, but it's wrong to assume that it's > the endgame for every rocketry enthusiast.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"shockwaveriderz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'm afraid that if Jerry were to win the election, he wouldn't be as honest and trustworthy as he is on RMR.

Reply to
David W.

ADD/ADHD is usually inherited from one of the parents.

Phil Stein

brainwashing them.....

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Not really.

The problem with video games etc.. IS however the fault of the PARENTS not the kids in most cases.

we live such "busy" lives (grrr blah) that it is easier and lazier to just plop the kid in front of a tv with a new $40 game every other week than it is to actually go outside and PLAY with them or into the work room and BUILD something with them.

I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY and it SICKENS ME.

My kids will learn what it is to play for REAL before they will even know what a VIDEO game is and then if they want one its a trade. 1 hour of video game time must be paid for with 1 hour of HANDS ON REAL time (whether that be playing ball with the boy in the park (if that is still legal by the time I have kids) or building a doll house with my daughter etc..

It not that parents lack attention skills it that they have too much of their attention in the WRONG places.

Chris Taylor

in brainwashing them.....

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

With all due respect -

It's not so much an issue of what one flies as it is of what they are interested in persuing. If I were not interested in HPR, naturally, I would be thing more about what I'm interested in. NAR has gotten better in the last year or two.

I think that there should be some fresh blood injected into an organization from time to time. It helps give a new perspective on things. This does not minimize what people have done in the past. I believe that everyone who has served has done the best they could hoping to improve things for everyone.

I see Jerry as someone who has a great variety of rocketry related experiences & knowledge. One thing I like is that he has a different perspective on the way a lot of things that make the organization. I think he's realistic enough to know that the BATFE isn't going away tomorrow & for now we have to play by their rules.

I'm in favor of evolving & with due respect to the current board & candidates, I don't see that happening but just keeping with status quo.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Tell that to the MDs that do research on it.

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Thois particular debate is abot change.

Jerry

If the alternative is to joint the Tripoli alleged den of theives, no thanks. It needs changing more than any club I have EVER seen.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry,

I would love to vote for you. Your NAR card does lack the words "HPR Cert Level..." though. Yet you do have high power experience and you certanly are not afraid to say that you fly H and larger impulse motors!

James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@scottsburg.com

APCP as found in model/mid and high power rocket motors be they single use or reloadable motors made by a comerciall manufacturer or by experemental rocketeer is not explosive and shall not be regulated by the government of the UNITED STATES or the STATES themselves!

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

Here's why. When NAR first had cert levels, the NAR President offered to "grandfather" me in. I declined. I believe the whole point is to earn it. I did appreciate the offer however. Thanks Pat.

I also have certified under Tripoli. I have certified many others, perhaps hundreds at my launches.

When I certify again it will be with my motors. There is no actual valid reason why the paperwork for the contractors that make "Jerry-motors" should not be accepted and the motors tested. None. So I have a position of principal.

I believe even the average rocketeer knows my name and the fact I was involved in the pioneering days of HPR and my websites clearly show that in pracrtice I am level 3, or 4 or 5 or 6.

So if I were by some magic actually elected, I might then get certified on a motor line I do not consider obtained by hook or crook. Perhaps CTI or RATT or Propulsion Polymers.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

One word; Passion. I want someone who is passionate about rocketry, the same way I am, to represent me.

Steve Bloom NAR 71920

Reply to
default

pause....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Reply to
default

TRA needs to be dissolved.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh shut up, Chris. You're talkin' out yer ass. You have no children, and to sit there at your keyboard and blab about "how you're going to do it better" just happens to anger me and most other parents who have actually raised children.

Steve

Reply to
default

Phil Stein wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But TRA doesn't need to show any more support for MR and LMR?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

If he flew USR motors he would want to test them too.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"Woody Miller" wrote in news:PQ5Pa.90$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

Would you care to elaborate on the connection? Running a testing lab and flying big models are two different things. I've seen H, I and J motors tested and airframes and recovery systems have nothing to do with it.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.bellatlantic.net:

Non sequitur, Jerry. NAR can be whatever it wants to be. If you feel the industry needs something else, you are free to provide it yourself.

I suspect NAR can be quite successful "limiting" its focus to MR and LMR.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

NAR has always been for the model and mid power rocketeers. It is only natural that that the BOD would be made up of model and mid power rocketeers.

Reply to
GCGassaway

I believe S&T is the exception to the rule sir.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry Irvine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.bellatlantic.net:

Catch-22. In NARland, to be flown, they have to be tested first.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens