Re: NAR Board of Trustees

Wasn't there so I can't comment on this. But each NSL is run by a different club, in a different manner. Hopefully each club learns from the successes and failures of their predecessors. The MUNCIE NSL had as many A-D pads as it had H-J pads. I don't recall the flight distribution, but Bunny may have some of this data from previous NSL launches.

Bob Kaplow

Yes, I'm assuming a room temperature witch.

Bob Kaplow

How about last year this time? The day before NYPower, NAR made a statement that certain Pro38s would not be permitted because they were certified by CAR. I hold the BoT responsible for that. Why couldn't they have taken care of it before NYPower? It's not like they didn't know about Pr038s or NYPower.

Also, if NAR is so pro high power why isn't there EX?

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

If the witch has assumed room temperature, why bother wasting the water?

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

I agree Jerry, TRA needs to hand over EX to RRS,ARSA,etc....... and EX isn't just HPR.....it could be 10mm BP or 10mm composites...hmmmm shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

This was a CAR deal. if it had been brought up sooner, it would have been resolved sooner. Say, why doesn't TRA recognize all the current NAR certs?

Because EX is *NOT* HPR and outside the NAR charter. It's outside the TRA charter, but inconvenient rules have never got in their way. Unless you want to get USR motors certified.

Bob Kaplow

Personal hatred and animosity against the manufacturer, NOT technical issues.

EX is make your own. MR and HPR is pre-manufactured and pre-packaged. Consumer vs amateur/manufacturer. It is a religious position.

It is also consistent with most international law.

I wonder if the TRA members here can read and understand this simple fact?

Crosspost this Wilkins!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TRA Never does the right thing.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ADD/ADHD Bah!, I think it's a line of %$#* from parents that don't know any better that their kids need their asses beat sometimes. There wasn't ADD/ADHD when we grew up, if we acted inappropriate, we got our butt beat or a smack up side the head, just like everyone else in previous generations. We all grew up fine without any drugs. This politically correct world of today is enough to make anyone puke. It's a pansy ass world of soccer moms, drugged up kids, wanksta wanna be delinquents, and paranoid adult followers that can't think for themselves.

IN MY OPINION, it's all a big *&#% storm just waiting to happen and sooner or later it's gonna come back to bite all of us in the ass.

Ok, I'm done with my rant for the night :)

-Boomer

in brainwashing them.....

Reply to
Boomer

----------

Hmmmm... JI = Diane = ATF agent with a cross dressing problem, and can't get certified... err.. or was that certifiable?

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Reply to
Jim Flis

default wrote: > Oh shut up, Chris. You're talkin' out yer ass. You have no children, and > to sit there at your keyboard and blab about "how you're going to do it > better" just happens to anger me and most other parents who have actually > raised children. > Steve

Thank you. I struggled hard to come up with a better response.

For the record, I have two children 12 & 14. My son (the 12yr old) is a Star Scout about to make Life. He expects to make Eagle before he turns 15. He plays Hockey and he swims (talk about two completely different sports!). He spends a LOT of time with his friends, playing street hockey, basketball, swimming, etc.. He loves video games. He's probably not happy with me because I will not let him own "Grand Theft Auto". He is an 'A' student. My daughter's passion is swimming. She also like crafts. She plays the clarinet. She has recently become interested in photography (film, not digital). She doesn't like video games much, but she does like computer games (the whole SIM line in particular). And she watches a lot of TV. She is also an 'A' student. Neither of my children are on medication.

I'm not trying to brag, if I was I would have gone in to much more detail. I only list the high points to show that I have a little experience in parenting. I haven't finished the job yet (if you ever do) and I know the next few years can be just as challenging as the first few ones were (a child's basic personality is pretty much defined in the early years). While sometimes I complain about other people's kids, I've learned that I shouldn't criticize them unless I've walked in their shoes (if even then). Mr. Taylor, when you have equivalent parenting experience under your, er, well, what ever, then you can brag about what a good job you've done. Until then, do as Steve said.

Reply to
Alex Mericas

mmmmmmmmmmmmm socker moms.

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Four, that qualify? :)

-Boomer

generations.

Reply to
Boomer

Reply to
John DeMar

I mean H-O motors and EX rocktery! F and G motors are what the kids do when they realy want to send one up there. Most of the kids who fly with Tripoli Quad Cities fly C-G motors. When your first flight is on an Estes C, the Estes motor line certanly does not have enough for you to grow. They need the F-G motors to fly untill they are like Stephen. He got his dad in to rockets and now teams up with dad to fly high power, that is untill he can cert on his own. TQC has also had two kids aged 16 and 17 team with their fathers to fly HPR and when they turned 18 they joined tripoli as an adult and did their Level 1, 2 and 3 flights on the first launch after their 18th birthday. I even look up to these "Kids" for help as they have far more HPR experience than I did.

Kids need to see REALY big rockets and REALY big motors. It gives them something to aspire to, something to look forward to doing, something to dream about.

Many competition flyers had their dreams shattered when Apogee's line of APCP model rocket motors were de-certified for competition. Most of them were NAR senior members. Not just little kids!

James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@scottsburg.com

APCP as found in model/mid and high power rocket motors be they single use or reloadable motors made by a comerciall manufacturer or by experemental rocketeer is not explosive and shall not be regulated by the government of the UNITED STATES or the STATES themselves!

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

AMEN BROTHER, PREACH ON!

James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@scottsburg.com

APCP as found in model/mid and high power rocket motors be they single use or reloadable motors made by a comerciall manufacturer or by experemental rocketeer is not explosive and shall not be regulated by the government of the UNITED STATES or the STATES themselves!

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.

Where would such proposed language reside?

In the constitution? :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Again, this wasn't a decision made on the eve of NYPOWER. The problem existed earlier. The motors in question were NEVER on the NAR combined certificatoin list, which is what the NAR has always used. The last minute announcement was a "reminder" not a change in policy.

Until shortly before that time, there were no CAR motor certifications to recognize. The problem with CAR certs was rectified as fast as possible, but unfortunately, that wasn't in time for NYPOWER.

In the future, how would you suggest a problem like this be resolved? By the folks that are responsible for that operation (in this case S&T)? Or should the NAR Prez just override the rules and change things whenever he gets the whim to do so, like a certain other organization.

Bob Kaplow

When you get right down to it they are used to arbitrary decisions at TRA (good or bad) and criticize an organization like NAR for taking 90 days to make a decision.

To defend CAR they petitioned NAR sufficiently in advance of NYPOWER NAR could have acted in good faith and with sufficient time to act, but didn't act on an expedited basis, but in normal course.

It took something like 4 years for my LMR suggestions to become NAR approved and about 6 for my HPR suggestions. So this was rapid by comparison.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine