Re: NAR Board of Trustees

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:32:05 GMT, Jerry Irvine is alleged to have written:

Thanks for quoting it, Jerry. I would have missed that little "gem", as I have him squelched in my newsreader (I don't erase his messages, just have them pre-marked "read"). Nice .sig fodder....

- Rick "Never one to pass up a good accurate quote" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Chris,

You have missed the substance of my post. Loosing the *identity* of the medium is what I was getting at. I work digital because it is what the marketplace demands. I '*do*' film because I love it. I can smell it, I can taste it and I have had more fun in a darkroom than I would guess many people have had in their bedroom. It's a visceral thing...

Like I said, you either get it or you don't.

You gotten any lately? 8^)

Film Fumes are Fun!!!

Patrick

snip

Reply to
IceAge

I guess our interests just differ.

I have no intrinsinc interest in film. I have a deep interest in Photography. the medium of that difference really does not matter to me as Long as I get what I want.

nice pictures

Digital makes it easier and cheaper to get those pictures.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Huh? You obviously haven't read the document. It is the blueprint FOR our Republic. Article I defines the Legislative Branch; Article 2, the Presidency, Article 3-the Judiciary, etc. It wasn't intended to keep the government in check.

Now, you're mixing Amendments. #1 is freedom of speech; #2 is about keeping and bearing arms.

Not true. Our Forefathers never fathomed a government gone this awry.

How can you run a country without running the people?

Huh?

But without reading your mind, they have no way of knowing that a priori.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, especially for an imaginary activity.

If you think that the Constitution protects you from people saying anything to you, you're sadly misinformed. The Constitution doesn't even protect you from someone getting up in your grill and reading you the riot act.

You must have had the most warped, liberal teacher for American History. There was no such thing as "big business" in America back in our Forefather's days. What a ridiculous statement to make.

Mark Simpson

Wadgers? WADGERS?

We don't need no steenking wadgers!!!!

Reply to
BB

Just public service Jerry for all the many folks who have him killfiled. But then, the ones who have me killfiled missed it too :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

Entering races at the drag strip, I believe...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Here is a easy opportunity to raise some funds.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Good point Kurt. I need a bookie; you interested? ;-)

Mark Simpson

Mark Simpson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

It's a variation of the wedgie. You don't want to know the details.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Well, let's see. I'm almost 20 years older and >100 pounds lighter than Chris, but I exercise daily, eat right, come from the hometown of Rocky and change my underwear daily. How's 3:1 sound to you? ;-)

Mark Simpson

"Let's get it on!"

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Is that the same animal?

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

No, wolverines are much meaner and more uppity...oh wait, you meant the animals, not the Alumni of U of M. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Let's see. I am much faster than people assume is possible and I am brutal and accurate and NEVER EVER fight fair. when fighting only one thing counts. WIN, do not lose.

I have been assaulted in public places twice and in fights 3 or 4 times and won everyone one with fewer than 3 shots.

but you keep your odds it will make my winnings that much higher. :-)

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

Chris, Just so there's no misunderstanding, I have no desire to "really" fight you or anybody else in this forum. I was only having a little fun with Kurt and others. Seeing the :-) at the end of your comments makes me believe that you are only doing the same. I'm sure that this won't be the only issue that you and I don't see eye-to-eye on and I wouldn't want either of us to feel threatened by voicing our opinions. I don't know about you, but "I'm a lover, not a fighter". Hell, I even offered to buy JI a beer at LDRS2004. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Seemed like a low risk offer to me. What are the chances I would even be allowed? Near zero.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Blame me, Mark. I seem to be quite adept lately at "stirring the pot", as it were.

BTW, nebbish is today's word. Now where did DeMar get off to? I've got some mud to sling. ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

the :-) was taken as intended :-)

As long as its in good honest fun no harm no foul.

some are not so nice :-(

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr