Re: NAR Board of Trustees

Chris,

I don't know why I'm wasting my time on this, because you're obviously a complete idiot, but perhaps it will benefit a lurker or two.

I quit smoking more than 25 years ago. I haven't smoked a cigarette since then. I smoked a pipe in my early 20's for a year or two, quit that as well.

I ENJOYED both of them. I quit cigarettes due to health concerns, I quit pipes because (frankly) it was more trouble than it was worth, buying good tobacco, keeping it fresh, cleaning the pipe, packing it correctly, breaking in a new pipe, etc. But I DEFINITELY enjoyed it.

Your claim that there is no benefit to people is false on its face. Far to many people 'enjoy' smoking for you to claim otherwise. Now, it may not be a vice that YOU care for, but it doesn't mean that OTHER people don't like it. I'm happy to agree when you saw that smoking has an impact on you (you and I just disagree on how much of an impact), but you cannot remotely claim to be speaking for all the people of the world when you state the people don't ENJOY smoking, or that it doesn't provide them some benefit.

David Erbas-White

You cannot claim that a pipe smoker is 'addicted', because pipe smokers (as cigar smokers) don't inhale the smoke. And you can't claim that my cigarette 'addiction' makes me 'believe' that I enjoyed it 25 years later.

Reply to
David Erbas-White

This shoudl be in the transference FAQ.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You really do think a lot of yourself don't you , Chris. Your opinion is now Gospel? ;-)

Not true. Drunk drivers kill thousands every year, so their drinking DOES affect me. It causes my insurance rates to be higher; it causes me to pay more for police to catch drunks, it costs me more to prosecute and incarcerate drunks, so your statement is patently FALSE.

I can listen to loud music without blowing anyone elses ear drums.

I guess that you can't read as well. I wrote "loud amplifiers at a rock concert". Many rock musicians and their roadies go deaf after years of concerts, so that one's valid as well.

Internal combustion engines are acceptable to you, but a million Chinese smokers half way around the world aren't? What a nut! ;-)

People have already told you that they benefitted from smoking, but here's one more benefit. It curbs your appetite. Everyone I know gained at least 20 pounds following quitting smoking. Is being lighter a benefit in your book?

Wrong again. I went to a concert on the Fourth of July at the Silverdome. (That's an enclosed dome) They had fireworks inside and I can guarantee you that everyone in that building breathed compounds that you wouldn't want to breathe, so there's another one. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. ;-)

If you can read, I suggest that you do so now.

Mark Simpson

I tried lettuce leaf cigarettes that were marketed in the 70's. They sucked.

Mark Simpson

Tell me Chris, when you go out crusading for truth, justice and a smoke-free environment, do you wear a cape or a housedress?

Mark Simpson

No, no, no, Mark.

YOU sucked. That's how you discovered that the lettuce-leaf cigarettes weren't enjoyable...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

It's akin to beating your head against a wall. It feels soooo good when you stop. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Tiger Stadium is still standing, but the Tigers (that single A team with the gaul to call themselves "pros") play in Comerica Park now. It's a beautiful stadium for the world's least deserving team. Go figure. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Gall. Voila. Brant. Stine. Moot.

THESE should be in the FAQ!

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Chris,

Do you ever hit the bong?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

All you have to do is SAY cigarette around Chris and you get a "significant...effect".

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Trusses. I'll betcha he has an elaborate network of trusses..

Tod "Fred Garvin..." Hilty

Reply to
hiltyt

Don't you have enough of those little Grrrrrrrrrammy award statues by now? You know, the ones made of lead and shaped like a certain porky cross-dresser. You don't want the mantle over your (wood burning) fireplace to cave in from the sheer weight (of the argument), would you? ;-)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

His dogma is chasing after your karma. Good thing CT's bark is worse that his bite. ;)

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

As Freud once said: "sometimes Phil is just Phil".

-John (in not so serious of a mood tonight)

Reply to
John DeMar

Don't forget the chicken.

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

Bong ? as in a large drum ? no I have never played the drums.

did you mean something else ? if so I really have no clue what you meant.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

since inhalation is NOT OPTIONAL (one must breath)

your argument is already dead.

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

and the cornerstone limitation on freedom is when it infringes on your own freedoms.

hence why murder and stealing and a plethora of other things are illegal.

unless you want to proclaim that murder and stealing are ok do not even pretend to use your below comment as a valid argument.

The one selling it does not count if they benifit. just like the fact that DRUG DEALERS benifit financially and people who hire murder benifit can not be used as a valid defense.

Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor Jr

how about the rocket I would love to shove up your as as you sing rockets red glare.

redl> >

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr