Re: NAR Board of Trustees

shockwaveriderz wrote:

One parenting trick I found is to remind the kids that when I get old and cranky, I'm going to come live with the one that gave me the most trouble growing up.
Ted
--
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
Benjamin Franklin

Hmmm, my daughter is really in trouble now. She's an olny child...
Bob Kaplow wrote:

How did your wife happen to cross paths with one "Mr. Olny"? ;)
-john
bob: we have 2 things in common: 1 child, a daughter and they both have the same name.... shockie B)
writes:

Below

No I am not

You are wrong. you purposely (or maybe accidentally I will give you the benifit of the doubt) ignored the parts where I said FOR THE MOST PART.
the configuration of our minds DOES bely certain pesonality tendencies but what HAPPENS to these and how these will be enacted again for the most part is determined by the parents and society.
there is no such thing in my book as an EVIL child. its an oxymoron (right word ?) evil is a human generated term. it does not exist in nature. same with "bad"
a normal person (ie mentally defective people are not covered under this) tend to take the direction that parents and society direct them OR will naturally take the path of least resistance if given no direction.

I disagree. I say each kid is a blank slate with a personality overlay that "alters" their mentality to a small extent IE deviating from how they are raised and how they interact with their enviroment. IE you say they have a personality and the enviroment changes. I say the opposite that they have the enviroment and the personality changes its effect on them.

Are they bad children ? is either one a nasty person ? Delinquent ? getting into massive trouble (not kids stuff) ? if no to all congradulations you did a good job. You raised them to be good people and their born in personality traits simply made them unique from each other and the rest of us but still GOOD people. (I am assuming this because I can not see you as a bad parent)

Cop out.
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /

There may be no such thing in "your book< but there are such things in reality. We don't know the exact details yet, but it's clear that many sociopaths and psychopaths are genetically predisposed to their lack of concern for other people. Some overcome their deficits, too many do not.
len.
Leonard Fehskens wrote:

There once was a prevailing belief that criminals possessed "the XYY chromosome", but that was debunked years ago. Personally, I believe in the "bad seed". >;-)
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:17:47 -0400, Mark Simpson

How about the Demon Seed, good computer gone bad.
Alan

And our warriors too.

Doesn't much matter. Their effect on others is the same. And one could argue that someone with bad intent is just broken worse.
len.

Sounds like the old Reginald Denny Trial Brick Defense: "When is a brick a weapon and when is it a communication device?" >;-)

This should be in the FAQ.
Jerry

ROFLMAO!
tah
--
Tod A. Hilty
Hilty Information Systems
wrote:

Model
in brainwashing them.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmm socker moms.
wrote:

Phil Stein
Four, that qualify? :)
-Boomer

any
beat or

generations.
of
moms,
followers
sooner
Do they still have all their appendages and major organs? Or do you just tell the emergency room they "fell down the stairs"?
Boomer wrote:

It was and BTW I'm pretty much in agreement with your assessment of the state of ADD diagnosis today.
Why are things like this ??? As usual, following the money shows that Ciba-Geigy Corporation, the multinational manufacturer of Ritalin, are the dominate leader ina SEVEN HUNDRED MILLION ADD market (!) http://www.mondaymorning.com/archive/mm000807.htm
In other words drug company board of directors are getting filthy rich while many of *your* children suffer. You don't have to be a "liberal" or "conservative" to see the connection.
Just think critically and ...READ ...
Other interesting links:
Ritalin is Deviously Promoted by Manufacturer http://www.massnews.com/past_issues/other/11_Nov/devious.htm
Ritalin Proven More Potent Than Cocaine - Nearly 10 Million Kids Drugged http://www.rense.com/general13/kidsf.htm

The only response I would make for that is that they are manufacturing a commercial product with considerable preparation and manufacturing costs. Mostly GOVERNMENT REGULATORY costs and delays. If it is so bad they they might want to charge a price for the PRODUCT THEY MADE AND SELL, that offsets those costs plus a fair profit for investors (20% is obviously fair, just ask your cerdit card company), then perhaps the solution is not to complain about them but about the GOVERNMENT regulations that add years or even decades to drug releases. That is silly.
Jerry

Sort of like cigarettes ? ;)
These are (imho) BAD people Jerry. They would sell their grandmother cynaide and call it Geritol if they thought it would make them richer - in my opinion of course.