Re: NAR Board of Trustees

You get to travel to a couple meetings a year, spend hours working on projects, and don't get reimbursed for much of anything. You can probably write off those expenses on your tax return.

Bob Kaplow

When did you return to NAR member status. The bylaws require that trustee candidates be members for the past 3 years. Didn't you rejoin more recently?

Bob Kaplow

TRA seems to need an IRS audit, and a RICO indictment...... shockie B(

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Try dousing them with water. It worked on the Wicked Witch of the West. (melting is incorrect, and requires heat, not a solvent)

Bob Kaplow

It's a shame you feel that way. I'm sure there are others that agree with you, but I prefer the "one big tent" concept, where all us rocketeers can help out in our ways, without requiring involvement in ANY particular aspect of rocketry. Should we not try to be inclusive? What about those that spend many hours and launches flying only HPR? Should they be excluded from the BoD because some may say they are not the future of rocketry?

PA Tom Ha NAR #76754

Reply to
Tom Ha

No experience above BP motors? I love it. I've never flown above an F motor yet, but even two years ago I flew a composite B.

:)

Apogee composites win the day for me! :)

PA Tom NAR #76754

Reply to
Tom Ha

If fact perhaps MPR seems to be on the back burner allready , for anyone who wanted to fly LP or MPR and went to the national sport launch you found out that the organizers concentrated on preparing for the larger stuff and didn't care much about the smaller rockets , can you believe an hour plus plus wait for an 1/8 or 3/32 rod ??? that's what you found at NSL ... we don't need more of this crap ... I may never attend another NSL.

Reply to
CB

When organizations get too big they get unwieldy. Because of that I think that smaller grass-roots clubs are probably more fun then a nationally organized event

Reply to
Diane

James,

Thank you for your support. Please don't sell the other Trustee candidates short based solely on their level of HPR experience, as they all have and do contribute to the to the betterment of the hobby in their own unique way. Yes I fly and build large motors, I guess I should have also mentioned that my wife is also L3 certified; but I'm still in awe of some of the technology and workmanship that is fielded in the scale and competition class in low and mid power. As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks. Some fliers revel in the rumble they feel as a P motor powered airframe takes flight, while others take pride in pushing a B powered airframe to nearly 400 meters during a B altitude competition. Both projects require high levels of technical skills and craftsmanship, albeit in different areas.

Mark has been "after" me for several years to run for NAR Trustee position. So in many ways I'm not really that much of an outsider and don't want to mislead people into thinking that I am. To help me get up to speed on the legal activities, I've been included in the legislative briefings for the past several months that have been provided to the leadership of both the NAR and TRA. Dick, Mark, Ken, and Trip have been busting their asses getting relief for the HPR from the oppressive fist of the BATFE. Yes, they have been willing to accept concessions in order to move the legislation in the US Congress forward. They find them distasteful and unwarranted, but realize that going toe to toe with a heavyweight like the BATFE on their home turf of Washington D.C. isn't a winning strategy. As much as we would like the outcome to be dependant on the technical merits of the argument, it's going to be political and we need to understand that.

I couldn't be prouder of the leadership of both groups for their cooperation, dedication, and devotion to the cause they are fighting for on our behalf. With that dedication there comes a price, and that is one's time that they have to actually participate in the hobby they are protecting. I don't think that the members of the TRA BoD have been spending much time on the flying field, so I don't expect the NAR Trustees to be able to get much HPR flying in either. If you happen to attend LDRS or NARAM, I urge you seek these people out and express your appreciation to them for their efforts.

Best Regards,

John Lyngdal NAR 69264 L3 NAR L3CC TRA 9257 L3 IEAS 007

Reply to
John Lyngdal

Misfire alley.

Honor GHS.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I had over 3000 (literally) at a few launches with misfire alley. Zero wait in line. Rockets flying every 10 seconds or so. More frequent at heavy times. No unwieldy. No teams of enforcers. No whining kids because they cannot fly their 1/4A because some 3 cluster M is holding up the whole launch for an hour.

Just launch fever.

Hi Fred.

Jerry

Here's a picture (probably sunday judging by how few cars)

Thanks Ray.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree with both of you.

Jerry

What planet are we on?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Very cool pics!

Reply to
Diane

I think you are corect. But the prior question I asked and was not directly answered was does the 3 years have to be continuous. If so I do not qualify (I did let a lapse happen because I was doing a commercial project that was Sooo in violation of the NAR safety code it was rediculous.)

But I have been a member for more than 3 years, probably 10 total.

I find you are probably right.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Turns out they are too small for RICO (I checked).

Brucie is on first name basis with the IRS authorities already :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

tell what to them ?

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr

You're assuming there's no heat differential between the water and the witch. Remember the old saying "cold as a witch's TRA"?

-John

Reply to
John DeMar

So Jerry, are you putting your head into the lions mouth, er tossing your hat into the ring?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Well said, but of course a qualified person can serve the NAR with out being an NAR trustee.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I am standing on the sidelines as it seems I am not qualified. I have already made several valuable and a few posturing proposals for the NAR BOT to vote on. I suggest you write to your board members and support the proposals for regulatory changes I have made (and posted to rmr).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine