What are they?

I work at a military tarining site that occasionally gets reappropriated equipment from other government and military organizations. About once every other month or so we get a list of available equipment and can choose what to bring in. We recently got two Hobart TAFA arcspray power units with feeders but no guns. The power supplies, although they say Hobart on them, are certainly Miller Dialarc units. Was there a time when Hobart used Miller equipment? We got two of these setups for use as props in the training area but if they work they can be brought back into the system and used. Are the dialarc units worth using? We already have a Millermatic 185 for MIG but a stick power supply would be nice as well. Does the Dialarc have SMAW capability?

Thanks

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

They have been the same company for about 11 years. Both are owned by ITW. Many machines are shared between the name brands with only a change in paint color.

Miller dialarcs are fine old machines. Hard to kill.

Definitely.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler