Proxy graphics/Proxy entities.... what are they?

Hi,
I recently worked on some plan drawings. I came accross
some "proxy entities". I was not able to move or copy them.
I finally just exploded them, and was then able to work with them.
Now the problem is that every drawing that I worked on cannot
be opened by the client company that actually
drew them in the first place. Has anybody encountered
"proxy entites". Has anybody encounterd this problem
when dealing with them. What are they?
TIA,
Dennis
Reply to