.rep to .drw?

I created exploded views in report mode in 2000i so unfortunately they have no name. Now in Wildfire 2.0 I can't modify these views because modifying of the model is not allowed in report mode. Is there anything I can do without having to recreate all my exploded views and redo my entire report (which has many sheets)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Jason L ©

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David Janes

David, The exploded views were created without names and show up as "custom". Therefore they are not the default exploded view so I can not pull them up in the assembly in order to name them. With Report in the past, you used to be able to manually modify your exploded view as you could in a drawing, of course without giving it a name. My problem is I have no way of giving them names.

Reply to
Jason L ©

David Janes

David, The exploded views were created without names and show up as "custom". Therefore they are not the default exploded view so I can not pull them up in the assembly in order to name them. With Report in the past, you used to be able to manually modify your exploded view as you could in a drawing, of course without giving it a name. My problem is I have no way of giving them names. Do these show up in the assembly View Manager ("View>View Manager>Explode")? Even with some default name, they might be preserved. If they were, they'd be of use in the drawing. When a view is placed, check the View States category, check the box for "Explode components in view" which will give you any named states the assembly contains, pick one and click apply. This could be set in combination with other view states, such as different display styles for different components, a specific simplified rep for a view plus a specific explode state. This would appear under the "Combined state" dropdown list. Picking one named Combo_x would show the view with all those properties applied. But the main thing is don't worry about hte drawing, get the issues resolved in the assembly. That might be one of the bigger shifts from earlier versions of Pro/e: since Wildfire, more/most gets done in the model/assembly. Some recognition was achieved, in the interim, that this was the best place to do such things as create explode view, simplified reps, display styles, view orientations. It's just so much more convenient to do it in the model that doing this kind of stuff in the drawing is being de-emphasized and discouraged.

Reply to
David Janes

Having never used pre-WF; don't know if this will help or not. Create a ...

mapkey $F1 #VIEWS;

... and see if that will get you where you need to be.

Reply to
Jeff Howard