Surface color and exploded view while detailing

Hi there, I am currently using ProE Wildfire. I have two questions.

  1. Is there a way to have more than one color in a single surface of a part?
  2. Please tell me how to get an exploded view while detailing (drawing). I also choose exploded in the options while creating drawing view. Still I didn't get it. Can anybody give me a step by step procedure for this.

Thanks, Shankar

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

Depends what you mean by 'single surface'. Pro/e's smallest unit of surface is the patch, created when the boundary, guide or section curves, from which the surface is made, have discontinuities in them. While it is a single surface, the patches are individually selectable with the Appearance Manager set to selecting 'Surfaces' instead of the default 'Part'.

: 2. Please tell me how to get an exploded view while detailing : (drawing). I also choose exploded in the options while creating : drawing view. Still I didn't get it. Can anybody give me a step by : step procedure for this.

The procedure begins in assembly mode where you create a named, exploded view. Without this, you have no view to place in the drawing.

In the assembly, select 'View>View Manager>Explode'. Pick the 'New' button, give it a name or accept the default. Then click 'Edit>Redefine'. This will give you two things: first, it gives you the default explode state of your assembly where Pro/e makes a guess of how the assembly should come apart; second, it gives you the move interface which lets you move the parts where you want them, though you can just accept the default explode state as the position for your components. You can continue creating as many new exploded views as you want. These will appear in a list when you place a drawing view and select 'Exploded' as one of the view properties.

After you have a view placed with an exploded view, you can select the view, RMB the menu and pick 'Properties'. This will give you a Menu Manager list which includes 'Mod explode'.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

David, I have a cylinder of uniform diameter. I want to have a different color for 1/3 of the length of the cylinder. I thought of creating a surface using datum curve and shade it in a different color. Is there a simpler way to do this? Thanks in advance Shankar.

Reply to
Shankar Venkateswaran

No, not directly with Appearance manager. Everything else involves goofing around, creating surface patches, breaking up a single surface. Or rendering.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks David.

Reply to