Drawing view display

Is there a config.pro option for creating new views in drawing mode in other than default line display? I don't get why it's set up like this

- I almost always want "no hidden" and have to modify each view afterwards.

Reply to
Gra-gra

Put this into your .dtl file (NOT into the config.pro!):

model_display_for_new_views NO_HIDDEN

In addition, you can control the tangent edge display:

tan_edge_display_for_new_views NO_DISP_TAN

The values available for these variables are the same you can access from the menu when setting up the view display manually, just type in the desired menu selection with underscores replacing spaces.

Reply to
Alex Sh.

The config option "display" has several options available. One of them may be what you need.

Robert L. Alexander M. E. Sys. Admin. Sauder Woodworking Co. Ph. 419.446.3221 Fx. 419.446.4978

Reply to
Bob Alexander

Check out the config option, display_in_adding_views. The 'default' option with environment set to no hidden might be what you want. I'm not sure it 'takes' though, in the sense that the 'Properties>View display' gets set that way to make it permanent.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Gra-gra

You might want to also try this option new_drawing_view_ui yes Works only in WF.

Reply to
Zeta

What is a .dtl file?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

When you wish to save the configurations to a file for later use, go to the top and click on the double disk icon. Browse to a convenient location, give it a recognizable name but no extension. Pro/e supplies the .dtl extension for this type of file. (If you look at it with a text editor, it is just an ASCII file, one option per line, which can be edited outside of Pro/e this way.) You can have as many of these files as you want. Load them on demand with the folder icon at the top of the options editor. In fact, in /text, you'll find half a dozen .dtl files already made for you, including one for each of the major drawing standards ~ ANSI, ISO, JIS, DIN.

To have Pro/e load this file by default for each drawing you do, go to config.pro and under drawing_setup_file, browse to the location of your .dtl file and select it.

David Janes : : On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:11:39 GMT, "Alex Sh." : wrote: : : >

: >Put this into your .dtl file (NOT into the config.pro!): : >

: >model_display_for_new_views NO_HIDDEN : >

: >In addition, you can control the tangent edge display: : >

: >tan_edge_display_for_new_views NO_DISP_TAN : >

: >The values available for these variables are the same you can access from : >the menu when setting up the view display manually, just type in the desired : >menu selection with underscores replacing spaces. :

Reply to
David Janes

Dave, I am using 2001, but I got it figured out. Is there some way to find which options are not display in the .dtl and config.pro files?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

dozen

Reply to
Steve

In any case, this is a very much discussed question in the newsgroup. A search on Google's archives on such things as settings, options, tree, menu, color, config will turn up dozens of posts. In a thread dated about a month ago and titled "Some config.pro options", a lot of this ground was covered. One of my posts included a fairly comprehensive list of the places, files and ways that configuration in Pro/e gets done.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes