view name display

Guys,

Thought this woud be easy but I can't find the answer:-

How do you display the view name parametrically (&view_name) for a general view on a drawing?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

Don't know what this would be, either. Unless you've got to include something like :fid_# or :session_id# after the view name. I mean, otherwise, how's it gonna know what view you're talking about. (Somebody asked a question about constraints and 'intent manager' ~ problem is, there's an awful lot of this kind of internal 'bookkeeping' that we don't get even a glimpse of much less an interface to use for actually managing this stuff.) Reminds me of a question I've had for a while about views: why can't you find out what saved view was used to create a view in the first place. Certainly could come in handy when 're'orienting to know the existing 'orientation'.

Reply to
David Janes

Well, you can display the view name for projected views automatically by setting the config.pro option, but not for general views. In the projected view it's text is something like 'VIEW NAME &view_name_14' so it obviously controls what is displayed by means of a number. Putting this parameter into any note just fails though, it's not allowed, so I can't toggle through the numbers and then relate to the view when the right name pops up.

So what's the use of setting the view name if you can't use it?

No response form Pro-user either, so it doesn't appear to be possible.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb