Component Display in Drawing View

Hi,
This might be a stupid question:
How does one set the component display shown in a particular drawing view?
I have a component display which blanks some parts and I want this
reflected in a drawing view. I attempted it by going View>Modify View>View State and I get an 'Open Rep' dialog that lists the default component display (MasterRep) but not the new component display that I just created (WithoutProduct).
My work around was to just use View Display to blank the offending parts, however I would like to know how to show various component displays in a drawing.
Sorry if this is a FAQ, I didn't find anythinging on google and I haven't used ProE in 4 years ;)
Thanks in advance for any help.
I should add that I'm using 2001 and in the assembly my component display function is listed under: View>Model Display>Component Display
<DIV>I should add that I'm using 2001 and in the assembly my component<BR>display function is listed under:&nbsp; View&gt;Model Display&gt;Component Display<BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>First thing is that doing this in the assembly affects all views in the drawing. If you want to narrow the affect to the drawing, you have to do it in the drawing. In the drawing, go to 'View&gt;Disp Mode&gt;Member Disp'. From the Menu Manager, you can select Blank or some equivalent, pick the component and Done. This is good for one view of the drawing and no repercussions on the models.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Garamond>David Janes</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
That's what I did as a work around. It's a shame that one can define a bunch of display states for the assembly but that those states are unavailable for the drawing.
Thanks for the response.

Coming from WF (have never seen previous versions) so this may not even be applicable. You are confusing (with PTC's help, I think) Reps and Styles. Instead of using the Style (as they are called now, same in 2001? where you "blank" objects) create a Simp Rep, "Exclude" the components you don't want to show and then use that as the View State for that view. (Note that ~I thnk~ changing a view state after the fact will cause loss of existing annotations, balloons, etc.).
Did you try making instances? Use family table to make instances and you can surpress the parts you don't want. Then you just add each instance to the drawings thru add model. You can replace the model with an instance too if a view is already there.

-