Random Parts being Hidden upon Drawing View Creation Sw2007

Just switched to 2007sp4, spent a day and a half baby sitting the
Conversion Wizard(14000 files), I have an assembly with ~600 parts
(created with sw2005) which when creating a new drawing some parts
become hidden. They're not hidden in the assembly or an any config they
just hide by themselves. I have to find them in the tree and select Show
Component. Anybody else seen this? Is there any solution other than
checking every part in every view?
Thanks
Whit
Reply to
wc
This is normal. In order to improve drawing performance SW will auto- hide the parts it thinks will be hidden. However, doing something that reveals the insides of an assembly will not unhide these parts. To do that you need to go into properties for the view and unhide the parts. This will also impact performance. But what good is performance if you can't see the parts?
TOP
Reply to
TOP
I was afraid of that, thank goodness my software is doing my thinking for me, pretty soon a monkey really will be able to do my job. They've been telling me that for years...
T> This is normal. In order to improve drawing performance SW will auto-
Reply to
wc
Does this sound like what you are seeing? This is an option under Tools, Options, System Options, Drawings.
Automatically hide components on view creation. If selected, any components of an assembly not visible in a new drawing view are hidden and listed on the Hide/Show Components tab of the Drawing View Properties dialog box. The components are present, and all component information is loaded. The component names are transparent in the FeatureManager design tree.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Dang that sounded promising, but it was unchecked. Some further investigation revealed the parts that aren't showing in the first assembly drawing don't show in some other assemblies, but they do show in some others.
We have about 5 versions of a large assembly, the parts are not showing in the two most recent assemblies, they do show in the third, but not the fourth...weird.
Thanks
Wayne Tiffany wrote:
Reply to
wc
Also see large assembly mode, if on some parts will be hidden in drawing views...seems like randomly chosen like Paul said before to encrease performance.
// Krister
Reply to
Krister_L
That did it, seems a shame to make one turn off a performance feature, just to get an accurate drawing view.
I unchecked "Automatically hide components on view creation" and it still hides parts "on the back" of the assembly, I can't figure out how to show them without drilling down the feature tree. But at least I can create a reasonably accurate view...
Thanks
Reply to
wc
As Wayne said, all hidden parts in a view are listed in in the property dialoge box. Right klick in the view and take properties, there are three flaps...go to "Hide/Show Components".....and the list will show You all hidden parts. Just delete from the list and they will be visible in the view again.
// Krister
Reply to
Krister_L
Thanks again, the problem I was having is that when selecting/right-click > DELETE a part to 'un-hide' nothing would happen. I have to select the part in the list then press the delete key on the keyboard to make *anything* happen... it seems to function properly with that 'work-around'
Many thanks for the input...
...I need a refresher course.
Whit
Reply to