component display in a drawing view

I want to show some parts/assemblies shaded and others with hidden lines removed in an isometric drawing view.
I tried setting up the component display at the part/assembly level to have
the components I want shaded and it seems to work momentarily in the drawing but it suddenly disappears, what am I missing??
SW2006
TIA
Steve R
Got it figured out.