Showing cosmetic thread in drawing of assembly

How do I get the cosmetic thread on a part used in an assembly to show up in a drawing of the assembly?

If I create a view of just the part, it displays the lines for the cosmetic thread OK. If I set the drawing view of the assembly to "shaded" it shows the shaded representation of the thread, but it won't show the lines for the thread when the view is in "hidden line" mode.

I'm on SWX2006sp5.1

John H

Reply to
John H

You have to use the INSERT MODEL ITEMS and choose the cosmetic threads on the assembly view to show the cosmetic threads

You must tell SW to show them in the assembly drawing.

Insert, Model Items. Then be sure to de-select dimensions unless you want to spend the next few hours cleaning them up. Select cosmetic threads and make sure the spin box at the top is set to `entire model'. and after a minute or so, they will show up.

Good Luck,

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

John H schrieb:

I mentioned a bug in this version of SolidWorks. First insert model items as John wrote. If nothings happens load the used screws from the toolbox separately (open part). In the feature manager of the screw you can find the thread representation which may be suppresed. It need to be actived. Then double click this representation and click of one of the showed dimension in the 3d area. In the opened window hit the button refresh. Now you can close the screw. The drawing should show all threads of the screw correctly now. Unfortunately all other screws need to be checked and adapted too...

I use the same version and the bug is also reproducable on other computers...

I hope I coould help you.

Greetings

Markus

Reply to
Markus Lotz

Thanks to everyone who answered - I never thought to try that.

John H

Reply to
John H