Drawing doesn't show shaded with edges

I've got a drawing with a number of shaded views of an assembly, but despite having selected the "shaded with edges" option, the edges are not visible.

If I toggle a view to, say, hidden edges or wireframe, then the edges appear OK. If I create a new drawing of the assembly, then this is also OK, but it would take hours to fully recreate it, so this is not a practical option.

Any suggestions?

John H

Reply to
John H

Nothing for nothing, but have you tried killing Solidworks and re-starting it? I've had weird stuff (including what your are describing) happen in drawings, esp. with hidden line/edges that seemed to just fix itself after a quit-and-start...

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

It's a problem I've noticed for a while, so it's not down to an issue in a particular session.

John H

Reply to
John H

The issue is with a singular drawing file, and you don't have a problem with other files or new ones? You can try opening the problem file and doing a save as, calling it something else (temp), quit and re-start SWx and open that new file to see if the prob is still there. If it's fixed, you can delete the original and rename the new one to the correct name....

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

Is large assembly mode active?